Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dimensioning Precision

pwright2
I'm sure this is becoming more of a CAD lessons thread than simply an LC instructional but I appreciate your patience.  The construction circles technique has come in way useful, even in my simple project.

So, now I have made a drawing and want to put dimensions on it.  And I understand the dimensions command (I think).  But although I have drawn my rectangle using the rectangle command line and it should be 38.0 inches wide, when I use the dimensions menu and the mouse I typically get something like 37.8418.  Even if I am using snap on entity.

Is there  a way to limit the presented precision of the measurements.  Or to force a number?

-----Paul-----

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dimensioning Precision

sp1der
Hey Paul,

Use 'snap on Endpoint' for this.
Using the specific snap options is the way to go in all CAD work.In most CAD programs there is an 'auto' snap command which will snap to the nearest exact precise snap point - which normally is end, middle, centre etc. Hopefully at some point there will also be this option in LibreCAD, but for now just make sure you have the correct snap option selected.
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
t..c wrote
Hey Paul,

Use 'snap on Endpoint' for this.
Using the specific snap options is the way to go in all CAD work.In most CAD programs there is an 'auto' snap command which will snap to the nearest exact precise snap point - which normally is end, middle, centre etc. Hopefully at some point there will also be this option in LibreCAD, but for now just make sure you have the correct snap option selected.

I totally agree,
If the snap is ok, maybe dimensions are really 38.ecc, so check the dimensions, moreover, if you are not sure, just do again the rectangle giving again correct dimensions (@ Xdimension,Ydimension)

Ciao!
Claus
...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

Onder ONER
       Hello!
 Before the ruler up the esential. Where the measure..(World technical standart)
Reply | Threaded
|

Onder ONER
In reply to this post by sp1der
 Hello!
 Before the ruler up the essential. Where the measure, (Technical world standart).