Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dimensions and splines

JDelgado0311
1.  I drew a beam using parallel lines with an offset of 10 inches.  When I use the dimensions feature to measure the distance between those lines, it reads 11.xxx inches.

2.  On the subject of dimensions:  Is there a way to over-ride the text "11.xxx" and type in 10.0 inch manually?

3. When I draw an interpolated spline, it gets filled in.  How do I remove the fill?  I'm trying to indicate that the drawing is cut off.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dimensions and splines

dxli
is the "11.xxx" an error? if so, it's a serious bug, and please attach a test case dxf file (by the tool box: More->Upload a file)

to customize dimension text: use main menu: Modify -> properties.

for the "filled in" issue, it's a bug fixed after 2.0.6. To test this fix, you can build from the latest source code, or find a nightly build.
JDelgado0311 wrote
1.  I drew a beam using parallel lines with an offset of 10 inches.  When I use the dimensions feature to measure the distance between those lines, it reads 11.xxx inches.

2.  On the subject of dimensions:  Is there a way to over-ride the text "11.xxx" and type in 10.0 inch manually?

3. When I draw an interpolated spline, it gets filled in.  How do I remove the fill?  I'm trying to indicate that the drawing is cut off.
Reply | Threaded
|

JDelgado0311
Thanks for your reply.

The 11.xxx is a measurement in inches.  I expected that it would be 10.000 inches since I had drawn the line in parallel with an offset of 10 inches.

Thanks again
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
if you created the distance by (offset 10"), then, the point to point distance is 10" only along the normal direction, not in other directions.

JDelgado0311 wrote
Thanks for your reply.

The 11.xxx is a measurement in inches.  I expected that it would be 10.000 inches since I had drawn the line in parallel with an offset of 10 inches.

Thanks again
Reply | Threaded
|

neal
please upload the file so we can see
PCLOS-LibreCad 2.02
Windows, 7 & 8.1, Librecad, 2.06
Reply | Threaded
|

JDelgado0311

I created this file to show the issue.  I was trying to create an object 4x6x24 inches.  I'm noticing that the 90 degree lines distance out as I expect them to.  The lines that are sloped do not.  I'm wondering if I should be taking into consideration what the angle of perspective is doing to the offsets"

Thanks in Advance.

dimensioning.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

neal
i think there is an isometric grid you can turn on if you want this type of drawing.

I would not use offset here, just type the distance you want and the angle, @4<90, etc...

dim_fixed.dxf
PCLOS-LibreCad 2.02
Windows, 7 & 8.1, Librecad, 2.06
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by JDelgado0311
Dimensions in form of:

1, vertical/horizontal, measures the distance in the corresponding directions; Those two types can be created by "Linear Dimension" also (check the toolbar options to switch between horizontal/vertical);
2, aligned dimension: to measure point-to-point distance and draw dimension aligned.

in you dxf:

31.026 is horizontal, so distance is only by the horizontal direction;
31.454 is aligned, so distance is point-to-point, which is larger than its horizontal component (31.026)
JDelgado0311 wrote
I created this file to show the issue.  I was trying to create an object 4x6x24 inches.  I'm noticing that the 90 degree lines distance out as I expect them to.  The lines that are sloped do not.  I'm wondering if I should be taking into consideration what the angle of perspective is doing to the offsets"

Thanks in Advance.

dimensioning.dxf