Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dimensions not correct

fredep57
OK, I have a file that I created quite a while ago.  I am now updating it and when I do the dimensions, they are not the format nor the values expected.

So, I have the files but I don't think they can be put here.  So, I am trying to put the picture here.  You can see that there are some that are being displayed as 0.xx and they should be much larger.

I have the units set to inches with 2 decimal places in both the "Current Drawing Preferences" and "Application Preferences...."

I am using the version that states it was compiled on October 20, 2014.

What happened???
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dimensions not correct

dxli
1, check whether coordinates are correct. You can use snap to end points or intersections with "Info -> distance";
2, if the coordinates are correct, checkout dimension entities by : "Modify -> Properties"

frede wrote
OK, I have a file that I created quite a while ago.  I am now updating it and when I do the dimensions, they are not the format nor the values expected.

So, I have the files but I don't think they can be put here.  So, I am trying to put the picture here.  You can see that there are some that are being displayed as 0.xx and they should be much larger.

I have the units set to inches with 2 decimal places in both the "Current Drawing Preferences" and "Application Preferences...."

I am using the version that states it was compiled on October 20, 2014.

What happened???
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In reply to this post by fredep57
Please, can you check the values for General Scale and General Factor in Dimensions Tab of Current Drawing Preferences.
General Factor affects the value of a dimension and General Scale affects the size of dimensions text, arrows and extension lines.

When you say the dimensions should be much larger, what are the exact numbers you expect?
From the image we can see that the ratio of diameter dimensions and linear dimensions doesn't match, have you changed diameter or linear dimensions manually?

Armin

investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

fredep57
Oops, forgot about the General factor.  It was set by default I assume since I did not change it to 0.0393701 and now is at 1 where it should be and the measurments show correctly.

Thanks.