classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lines scale is too big

Romain le Malin
Hi everybody,

I've been using LibreCAD for a month (2.04 then 2.06 version) but a problem appeared yesterday : the scale of the lines (except "continous type line", of course) is too big. For exemple, if I draw a circle with a dash line, the circle is made with only 3 or 4 long dashes. Even if I choose small dash line, the circle is made with 4 or 5 long dashes. This problem appears upon normal view as well as printing preview or printing.

I tried to make a new file, to uninstall/reinstall LibreCAD but nothing changed.

Thank you for your help.

Romain le Malin
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Lines scale is too big

dxli
The line types are defined in mm. It means that those types should be used to draw entities printed/shown larger than the mm scale.

I added "Tiny" line types, as a workaround:

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/commit/ca7c096e67a0b73cf7db18ebee2c076f10193eb4

If this commit doesn't help, we will revert it.

Thanks!
Romain le Malin wrote
Hi everybody,

I've been using LibreCAD for a month (2.04 then 2.06 version) but a problem appeared yesterday : the scale of the lines (except "continous type line", of course) is too big. For exemple, if I draw a circle with a dash line, the circle is made with only 3 or 4 long dashes. Even if I choose small dash line, the circle is made with 4 or 5 long dashes. This problem appears upon normal view as well as printing preview or printing.

I tried to make a new file, to uninstall/reinstall LibreCAD but nothing changed.

Thank you for your help.

Romain le Malin
Reply | Threaded
|

Romain le Malin
Hello dxli,

thank you for your help.

Since I'm a newbee, would you mind telling, step by step, what I have to do now to test this solution ? Do I have to download new files or a new version of LibreCAD with new files inside, etc. ?

Sincerely.

Romain le Malin
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
detailed steps about building from LibreCAD from source:

http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_Installation_from_Source

Romain le Malin wrote
Hello dxli,

thank you for your help.

Since I'm a newbee, would you mind telling, step by step, what I have to do now to test this solution ? Do I have to download new files or a new version of LibreCAD with new files inside, etc. ?

Sincerely.

Romain le Malin
Reply | Threaded
|

Romain le Malin
Hello,

I didn't try this solution yet because other problems appeared !

For exemple, the "Move / Copy" command doesn't work anymore  : when I want to copy or move an element, I choose "Move / Copy" (and "Select to move" is displayed in the command line). Then, I select the element with the mouse (and "Selected 1" is displayed under the command line). But when I press "enter" key, "Select to move" is changed into "Command :" and nothing else appears. I mean, the window where you can choose between "Move" and "Copy" doesn't appear neither than the messages in the command line that ask from where to where you want to do it !

Do you have the same bug ?

Sincerely
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
This specific "Enter" key bug was fixed after 2.0.6. The currently git HEAD/nightly build should be free from this bug.

Romain le Malin wrote
Hello,

I didn't try this solution yet because other problems appeared !

For exemple, the "Move / Copy" command doesn't work anymore  : when I want to copy or move an element, I choose "Move / Copy" (and "Select to move" is displayed in the command line). Then, I select the element with the mouse (and "Selected 1" is displayed under the command line). But when I press "enter" key, "Select to move" is changed into "Command :" and nothing else appears. I mean, the window where you can choose between "Move" and "Copy" doesn't appear neither than the messages in the command line that ask from where to where you want to do it !

Do you have the same bug ?

Sincerely