CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dimensions will not offset from entity line

LordOfBikes
Administrator
First, I changed the title, because it was too loud.

Probably just a snapping issue: https://forum.librecad.org/Cursor-control-tp5722294p5722308.html
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Tnemmo
LordofBikes,

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked this, and none of the snapping restrictions was turned on. I have only the "free snap" and "snap end points" turned on from the snap menu.

Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Do you have realized you have to specify the dimension line location with a third click after the origin points? Move farther away from the base line to see if it works. If it works only too far from the base line for your liking then zoom in narrower.
You also can move, reposition an existing dimension line by clicking on it and then grab it at the small blue rectangle at one end and drag it to the desired position.
Reply | Threaded
|

Tnemmo
Thank you for the reply. l finally gave up and uninstalled, then reinstalled the program again. Now it is working fine. Perhaps it was a bad installation to begin with, or the setting causing the problem was reset in the new installation.

Maybe an uninstall and reinstall of the program could be one of the resolutions for his issue. t worked for me.