Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dots from the void

earthvomit
I am liking librecad after using it for 2 week. Making an electrical drawing is easy but then I save them, close program, open program and open drawing and I am presented with a blank screen.

So I figured out to import drawing as a block. It imports fine with all the colors I used, but if I want to edit it further I understand I have to explode it, which results in a black and white drawing.
 I made a layer and  inserted drawing there. Still no colors. Then I tried print preview and saw that some filled dots don't look good so I changed the attributes and unclicked solid fill.
Print view showed me some dots still filled and some not. So I deleted the filled ones and replaced them with the unfilled ones but it still previewed filled.
Then I moved some lines and dots and saved and closed and reopened. The dots I just deleted are still there in print preview although there is nothing  in the viewport.
I have probably spent 3 times as much time on trying to export these drawing in some format even black and white, as I spent on making them which was relatively intuitive.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dots from the void

dellus
If the drawing can be imported as a block it should be able to be opened normally. Have you tried View - Autozoom? Maybe it's just out of view. Or very small. Try Tools - Select - Select All. Are layers set to invisible?

If this doesn't help it is hard to say from your description what could be the reason. Best provide a sample file here.
Reply | Threaded
|

earthvomit
Hi thanks for your answer.
I managed to get it into view and export pdf. I however have no clue how this program works. I have never seen anything as complicated. And I have worked with Blender and VCV among others.  How do you save your files and restore them with the same colors and line width etc? That is the main question.And what is the difference between blocks list and layer list? Are blocks part of this project?
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
To save and restore a file with same colours etc is no problem usually. But CAD is not something to learn on the fly. You have to dig into it. It's not easier with other CAD-packages. I recommend to study the manual:  https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html
Reply | Threaded
|

earthvomit
I used Autocad and it was just save,restart, open kaboom! As all other programs. Much much  easier than the 15 hours I have spent just exporting the drawings without colors.  OFC I read through the relevant parts of the manual. This is the part on saving :

Save icon04 [Ctrl]+s Save current drawing file.
Save as icon05 [Ctrl] [Shift]+s Save current drawing file to a different location or with a new file name.

That looks normal and nothing I hadn't figured out myself.