classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Drawing Scale ratio:

Frans
Ries,
I also encountered a problem when I tried to print my drawing. When I went to the Print preview page I found that the page was a very small little spec on my drawing. So, it looks to me as if the drawing scale ratio is actually 1:1?

May I make proposals?
Is it perhaps possible to bring a drawing scale option into your Drawing Preferences menu? I normally use scales of anything between 1: 1000 to 1:50 000, depending on the size of my area and I try to fit it on an A3 or A4 page. For house plans the drawing scale will probably be 1:50 or 1:100. If measuring a line or polygon on a plan (on screen), the dimensions must be correct, notwithstanding the drawing scale selected. In other words, you must select a paper size and then adapt the drawing scale so that the plan will fit on the paper. If it does not, you must either select a larger paper or a smaller drawing scale- but the measured dimensions must remain correct. When printing a plan I would like it to be on scale.

I would also like to see the outline of the drawing paper floating on the drawing area (in a dotted line) and be able to drag/move/re-center it to the drawing to see if the drawing fits on the paper (and for printing).

Great job!!

Frans
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Drawing Scale ratio:

Frans
Ries,
You told Eric: '
"when you are in print preview you can setup the scale and move the paper 'under' the drawing for positioning."

So I asume that you keep your drawing in a 1:1 scale and when you want to print you just rescale the drawing in print preview to fit on the paper? Will the drawing scale return to the original when you leave the print preview page?
Please explain how to rescale in the print preview page and move the paper.

Thank you

Frans
Reply | Threaded
|

Frans
OK, I figured it out and managed to print. Interesting and practical way of doing it. Just undo the scaling after printing if you want to work further on the drawing.
Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Frans,

I don't believe it's needed to reset any scaling after printing,
so that means 'everything should be within the drawing 1:1',
1KM measure stays 1km measure, no matter what the printing scale was.

I am planning to starft this weekend to work on bug fixes that where recently reported
for a RC2.

Ries

On Jul 7, 2011, at 5:24 AM, Frans [via LibreCAD] wrote:

OK, I figured it out and managed to print. Interesting and practical way of doing it. Just undo the scaling after printing if you want to work further on the drawing.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Drawing-Scale-ratio-tp4560387p4560608.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
Frans,
How to print:
In "Edit->Current drawing preferences" select "units" and set "Main Unit" to "Meter"
In LibreCAD coomand line write:
command:  line
Specify first point:  0,0
Specify next point: 2000,0
Specify next point or [undo]: 2000,2800
Specify next point or [close/undo]: 0,2800
Specify next point or [close/undo]: close

This commands draw a rectangle of 2000x2800 units (by convention meters) ergo 5600000m2 or 560Ha

to print on A4 (210*297mm) the best scale is 1/10000:
2000m/10000*1000mm = 200mm width
2800m/10000*1000mm = 280mm height

Select "File->Print preview"

to the right of the "Pen Selection" toolbar appears a new toolbar
In the new combobox select 1:10000 or write 1:10000 or write 1/10000
press the second button (center on page), then select "View->Auto Zoom"
It should be a rectangle centered on the A4 sheet occupying almost the entire sheet
and ready for print.

Reply | Threaded
|

Frans
Thank you, It works perfectly. So easy!

Is there not a site where I can download the Help file/manual? Then I don't have to bother you with such stupid questions.

Frans
Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Frans,

this is the helpfile that  'should' is usually compiled in into LibreCAD:

Ries

On Jul 8, 2011, at 12:53 AM, Frans [via LibreCAD] wrote:

Thank you, It works perfectly. So easy!

Is there not a site where I can download the Help file/manual? Then I don't have to bother you with such stupid questions.

Frans

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Drawing-Scale-ratio-tp4560387p4563568.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Frans
Ries,
Thank you, I opened the site, but those files do not make sence to me.
Is there a way that it should be downloaded and imported/copied it into the program?
Sorry, I am very dumb with computors and programs. I can I can work with it, but not "in" it.

Thank you

Frans
Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Frans,

mail me at librecad@rvt.dds.nl and I will send you a zipped version you can use in your local browser.

Ries