Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Where the heck is text input box, enter x, y coordinates

gmcjetpilot
I have read the manual and the others post with same questions.  I turned draft mode off. Nothing brings up dialog box, text command box, no command or coordinates can be entered.

When I first loaded Librecad there was a panel on left with coordinates. That is gone. (Must have toggled that off?) I can not get it back. I tried typing, control keys combo, wasted hours. 100% of my drawing will be created manually with entered coordinates.

Not complicated basically rectangles with small radius in corners, and a few circles. Simple.  I have played with it using mouse for fun, even modified or moved objects to get them closer, but this is not the way to do it.

If I can't do that with LibreCAD the program is pointless (pun intended, ha ha).
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Where the heck is text input box, enter x, y coordinates

dxli
Do you mean the command widget to enter commands:

Menu: Widgets > Dock Widgets > Cmd (or Re-dock Widgets), then Ctrl-M, or Spacebar to activate it, if it's not active.

If you mean the command to insert text

You can insert text by Menu: Tools > Dimension > Text , or Tools > Dimension > MText

Or from the command widget:

mtext
text

gmcjetpilot wrote
I have read the manual and the others post with same questions.  I turned draft mode off. Nothing brings up dialog box, text command box, no command or coordinates can be entered.

When I first loaded Librecad there was a panel on left with coordinates. That is gone. (Must have toggled that off?) I can not get it back. I tried typing, control keys combo, wasted hours. 100% of my drawing will be created manually with entered coordinates.

Not complicated basically rectangles with small radius in corners, and a few circles. Simple.  I have played with it using mouse for fun, even modified or moved objects to get them closer, but this is not the way to do it.

If I can't do that with LibreCAD the program is pointless (pun intended, ha ha).
Reply | Threaded
|

gmcjetpilot
Thank you got it. Now if I can beg some more remedial help please.

I want to create points w/ spacific coordinates, to be connected with lines (or rectangle)
The rectangles will have small radius in corner, I see some tools for that.
Also circles with spacific radius and center coordinates.
Not rocket science I know but, new to this software.

How best to create these objects. 

I tried create point and went to cmd line and entered the coordinate X..Y and did not see anything.  View is scaled to appropriate size and can see 0..0 origin in red.

Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
To see points, you need to set options:

Current Drawing preferences > Points

To do fillet/chamfer, please have a look at our user manual at:

https://readthedocs.org/projects/librecad/downloads/pdf/latest/

and search for fillet or chamfer

gmcjetpilot wrote
Thank you got it. Now if I can beg some more remedial help please.

I want to create points w/ spacific coordinates, to be connected with lines (or rectangle)
The rectangles will have small radius in corner, I see some tools for that.
Also circles with spacific radius and center coordinates.
Not rocket science I know but, new to this software.

How best to create these objects. 

I tried create point and went to cmd line and entered the coordinate X..Y and did not see anything.  View is scaled to appropriate size and can see 0..0 origin in red.