Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Electrical Drawing properties imported from dxf

johng
I am a new user and this is my first post on this Forum. I am looking for an app to create fairly standard single line diagrams.

To start with I imported a single line from a dxf file similar to what I intend creating. Optically it looks OK but some work to do to make it usable.

My first question: The MText objects imported together with what looks like formatting information and I am wondering if there is a setting that would show just the text e.g. a Locale setting. Alternatively is there an easy way to remove this additional text or do I need to select each one individually and delete the unwanted info?

Here is an example of the text:

\C7;\fCalibri|b0|i0|;\H1.3228843688965;2 x NH3
500 A

This is the text which should be displayed:
2 x NH3
500 A

The rest "\C7;\fCalibri|b0|i0|;\H1.3228843688965;" appears to be formatting or reference info that I would like to suppress or if that's not possible remove.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
John
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Electrical Drawing properties imported from dxf

LordOfBikes
Administrator
What you see in the MText entities is an AutoCAD feature, which puts formatting information into the text field.
In AutoCAD the formatting info is extracted and applied to the text for individual formatting.
LibreCAD does not support this feature, thus you have the full content displayed.

Sadly, there is no other way yet than removing the formatting one by one.

We are aware of this feature, there are already discussions here and on GitHub, but nobody has set hands on it yet.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

johng
Thanks for the reply even if it's not what I hoped for
Reply | Threaded
|

johng
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by LordOfBikes
So, I have now deleted the AutoCAD formatting, one by one, a labour of love:)

Now I need to format all that text so that it is more readable. I am struggling to find a way to change the font size etc for multiple Text objects. I have tried selecting multiple text objects and then selecting Properties but don't seem to be able to. Also there does not seem to be an option on the layer level for example which is how I managed to get the line attributes to be the same for a group of lines.

I am sure there must be a way. Can anyone assist please?

Another question how is the transfer of font information with files saved by LibreCAD? Is the text meta-data interpreted correctly by AutoCAD? How much of an incompatibility is there between AutoCAD and LibreCAD in this area?