Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error Plotting Equation

sunggus
I have tried to plot equation in RC 2.2.0 RC1. It is done from menu "Plugin-->Plot Plugin". Then I entered two equations as picture below, with the range and step. Unfortunately, the result was not as what I expected. In my opinion, the result should be like the 3rd picture, which I did it in MS Excel. All using the same equation: 100*(Sin(x*pi/180)+Cos(x*pi/180)).

Is anyone has experience to do equation?

My intention actually supposed to be more complex, like to plot guitar or violin body which the shape is based on a mathematics formula rather than plot in manual manner.

Entering equation to be plotted
Plot result of the combine two equations
100*(Sin(X*pi/180)+Cos(X*pi/180)) Plot with MS Excel

All response will be highly appreciated.

Best regard,
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Error Plotting Equation

sunggus
Please, if anyone can move this to Troubleshooting, please do it. I have unintentionally put this post in a wrong place.

Best regard,
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
I have no experience with this plugin, but after a look at the source code, I figured it out.

You have to call the plugin for each curve with a single equation like this:

Then use the cos() equation and the sin() + cos() equation with same start/end/step parameters.

With two equations the first one is used for X values and the second for Y values.
This explains your result, you have a circle with radius 100.
Check this with start=0, end=180, this results in a half circle.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

sunggus
Alright Sir, I will do. I will explore more.

Best regard,