classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

File extensions

Paul Meldrew
Please can someone help.
How can I add DXF file extension to my Set Associations on my Vista computor it does not list it at the moment I want to open DXF files sent to me but at the moment if I try to open one I get a message saying This File does not have a program associated with it, create an association in the set associations control panel.
Many thanks for any help.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: File extensions

LordOfBikes
Administrator
I think this should work:
- right click on any DXF file
- go to open with... in context menu
- there should be something like select default application
- this will open a new window with some default applications
- if LibreCAD isn't listed, you have to search for it, I think there should be a search or browse button
- when you have found LibreCAD.exe, usually in C:\Program files\LibreCAD, click on it and then the open button
- now select LibreCAD from default applications and check the option always use this application before you click ok

I have no English Vista available, so the buttons and options may not exactly match with my naming, but I think you can handle this.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: File extensions

Paul Meldrew
Dear Lord of Bikes,
Many thanks for this Info unfortunately I can not progress Past the Message "This File does not have a program associated with it, create an association in the set associations control panel" but as there is not a DXF extension mentioned I can not create an association with any programme and I do not know how to add DXF to it.
I have decided to purchase a new computer and Windows ten.
Many thanks for your help,
Paul.

Sent: 04 May 2020 13:18
To: Paul Meldrew <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: File extensions

I think this should work:
- right click on any DXF file
- go to open with... in context menu
- there should be something like select default application
- this will open a new window with some default applications
- if LibreCAD isn't listed, you have to search for it, I think there should be a search or browse button
- when you have found LibreCAD.exe, usually in C:\Program files\LibreCAD, click on it and then the open button
- now select LibreCAD from default applications and check the option always use this application before you click ok

I have no English Vista available, so the buttons and options may not exactly match with my naming, but I think you can handle this.

Armin

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
https://forum.librecad.org/File-extensions-tp5718817p5718818.html
To unsubscribe from File extensions, click here.
NAML