Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Free Work shop for LIbre CAD to inroduce among Faculties

Renold Elsen
Greetings Every one! My name is S Renold Elsen, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering.
I have arranged a "TWO DAYS SHORT - TERM WINTER HANDS ON WORKSHOP PROGRAMME IN LIBRE CAD - AN OPEN SOURCE COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING SOFTWARE 11th – 13th DECEMBER 2014" in our college campus. I feel workshop like these will help the development of LIBRE CAD to next level. More than 1000 Engineering and Ploy technique  students from Mechanical, CIVIL and Automobile will get the knowledge through the staffs participating in the Free workshop.

with regards

Renold Elsen S
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Free Work shop for LIbre CAD to inroduce among Faculties

dxli
Thank you Renold!

Currently, we actually have two active development fronts in parallel: the v2 and v3, and it's clearly that more help is needed badly.

v2 development focuses on an evolutionary approach to target stable releases and minor enhancements.

v3 development aims to develop a 2D CAD engine with c++11 code base but without Qt in the CAD kernel. Although the v3 is still at its early stage, DWG and dxfrw support were recently added by gaganjyot.

Some examples of interesting features to add to LibreCAD:

1, topological algorithms related to contours: hatching, calculation of area with a contour;
2, complete conical curves: hyperbola and parabola;
3, more script binding: python/lua. V3 has lua support already;
4, GUI and work flow enhancement.