Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Grid visibility

Glenwf
I'm on a MacBook Pro and I'm having trouble seeing the grid.  It is there but I have to try very hard to see it.  Is there a way to made the grid display with bigger dots?

I'm sure the cataracts in my eyes are part of the problem, but until I get those corrected bigger dots for grids would be nice.  The other problem, is the high definition of the display which is great, but makes everything smaller.

Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Grid visibility

dxli
We need to test more with high DPI systems, because our developers are mostly not running high end systems.

I pushed a commit to master branch, attempting to get better grid point sizes. Please spend time to test it. I can not test this feature, because there's no such a system available from my side.

To test the newest git version, please follow the following wiki to build from source,

http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_Installation_from_Source

Glenwf wrote
I'm on a MacBook Pro and I'm having trouble seeing the grid.  It is there but I have to try very hard to see it.  Is there a way to made the grid display with bigger dots?

I'm sure the cataracts in my eyes are part of the problem, but until I get those corrected bigger dots for grids would be nice.  The other problem, is the high definition of the display which is great, but makes everything smaller.

Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glenwf
I would love to build the new version, but I've tried this on another program and failed.  It is beyond my skills - I'm a terrible programmer.  Used Basic for years, but was never able to advance to other languages.

I'll have to wait until somebody can do it.  Sorry.  It would take me a week to figure it out and would probably not get it right.  Those instructions are for developers, not a novice and to make them good for a novice would make them so cumbersome.  

Would love to help and this program deserves the effort.  Thanks for your efforts.

I'll continue to use LibreCAD because it really does a great job.  I can read manuals, unlike a recent complainer on this list.  Those manuals are great also.
Reply | Threaded
|

achilliesdev
Hello Glenwf,

May I ask which Mac book Pro you are using and  which OS you are running?

I am a Mac user with some development knowledge but I am still running Mountain Lion OS. If you are also on Mountain lion I will work on compiling the change the Dx has added and then try and create a DMG of it so that you can try it out.

Also another question for you is what is your colour scheme?

I use black background with high contrast colour for grids and other settings. This is easier on the eyes in regards to a white background and for me makes things easier to see.
When you have the will to always learn there is nothing that is impossible....The day you stop learning is the day you need to change your profession.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by Glenwf
Please register a wiki account, and help improving our user manual.

Glenwf wrote
I would love to build the new version, but I've tried this on another program and failed.  It is beyond my skills - I'm a terrible programmer.  Used Basic for years, but was never able to advance to other languages.

I'll have to wait until somebody can do it.  Sorry.  It would take me a week to figure it out and would probably not get it right.  Those instructions are for developers, not a novice and to make them good for a novice would make them so cumbersome.  

Would love to help and this program deserves the effort.  Thanks for your efforts.

I'll continue to use LibreCAD because it really does a great job.  I can read manuals, unlike a recent complainer on this list.  Those manuals are great also.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glenwf
In reply to this post by achilliesdev
I am running a MacBook Pro - Model A1286,
Processor  2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory  4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Software  OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)  I think this is Mavericks.

LibreCAD
Version: master
SCM Revision: 2.0.5-1-g0aff191
Compiler: Clang 5.1.0
Qt Version: 4.8.6
Compiled on: Aug 15 2014

And, yes I will look at possible improvements for the Help Manual if I see anything as I try to understand it.  Fresh eyes are good to pick out details.

BTW, I am using black on white background because I didn't like the white on black background.  I can give it another try.  I'll look up that setting and see if I have it like you mentioned.
Reply | Threaded
|

achilliesdev
OK I am still running Mountain lion which is has some issues compiling the newest version. Where I live it is expensive to down load large files but will work on upgrding to maverick.

In the mean time I will compile to the master and see how it goes.

As for the colours I use black background, primary line colour white but I use layers very heavily and use high contrast colours for lines. When I print I select black and white print only since some of the colours do not show up on white paper. If I want to print in colour I then change the layers to colours that will show up on white.

Here are my settings from top to bottom of the LibreCAD>Preferences>Appearance Colours

#5afffb
#3F3F3F
#edf404
#04f4ca
#04f4ca
#00FF00

Try those settings and let me know what you think about them. I find them easy to see.

When you have the will to always learn there is nothing that is impossible....The day you stop learning is the day you need to change your profession.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glenwf
Will give it a go.  

Thanks.

Printing was one of my concerns using B/W, so your experience is useful.