Hatching Ansi31 Become Independent Lines (rather than a group of lines)

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

sunggus
Hi All,

This is a hatch I did. Unfortunately it was mistake, which it should be a solid color. When I want to delete, I found that the hatch is a collection of independent lines rather than a group of lines which can be by just single click to select and delete. Now I have to click and select one-by-one. Is anyone experience the same case with mine?

Best regard,
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hatching Ansi31 Become Independent Lines (rather than a group of lines)

LordOfBikes
Administrator
A hatch, when you apply it to a contour, is a container basically, means lines are combined into one entity.
But when you use explode tool, the hatch container is separated into its multiple single entities, that's what you have.

Undo is possible, when you recognize this mistake, but it's time consuming too, as you have to press Ctrl-Z for every single hatch line.
To make selection easier, you can drag a right to left selection window (the green one), which selects all intersecting lines.
Or select the whole contour with window selection and then deselect all lines which should stay before deleting.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution