classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello World

RustBuster
Hi.
   I have recently gone back to working in the shops after being out of it since 2015, Im 68 years old,but still in good health. I have access to cheap metal so I want to start out building a few jet stoves outta square tubing and I wanted to draw them out first.
   I am very proficient in Gibbscam, and I once worked through all the Solidworks tutorials  back in 2011 I guess. I started on Autocad on an old 386  a long time ago, but I have never been a professional Draftsman or Engineer,just a shop hand,Machinist/Welder/whatever needs doing today.
  I have been running Xbuntu since about 2012 as my preferred operating system,but of course I was always forced to learn Bill Gates  current abortion to run the proprietary Gibbscam,Solidworks,etc for work purposes.
  I am looking forward to learning Libre
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello World

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Welcome @RustBuster!

Find our primary resources for information linked on the forum starting page and our homepage https://librecad.org/ too.
If you prefer watching learning videos, I'm sure you will find something on YouTube, provided by other LibreCAD users.

Good luck!

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello World

RustBuster
Thank you.
I have a Dahon single speed that I love.I have a Rans Stratus that I take longer ( 16 miles and greater rides on) and I am currently adding a gas motor friction drive MFG  Staton-Inc.(https://www.staton-inc.com/store/) to a Townie 21 speed (RED of course:).I have a trailer for it and I want to use it for runs to the grocery store.
  I saw your user name and could'nt help bragging a little I guess. I assumed your nick concerned bicycles ,but now I see it could be motorcycles. I quit riding them after I hit that dog on my KLR-650.
Thanks for the warm welcome to the Gang!