Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Help on how to configure dxf files to use in an optical inspection machine

Terry Thomas
I work for a manufacture that produces hydraulic and electronic elevator valves. We are an OEM for Otis, and most of the other elevator companies. We are evaluating a optical inspection machine. The machine is a profile 50 plus machine. It is designed for inspection of mostly round parts. We have over 600 parts in our library. The machine has the ability to manually draw and configure parts for inspection. The machine also can except dxf files. The files require a "Profile" and a "Centerline". They have to be on seperate layers. At this point, I downloaded this software via google today. I don't have much time to evaluate this machine. What I am currently doing is exporting a dxf file from a pro engineer drawing to a dxf and I will prepare the dxf file using this program and importing the completed dxf file into the machine. At this time, producing a usable dxf files is what I need. I do like the look of this program as well as the fact that it is not sold by some guys in three piece suits that don't know jack about what the software does like pro engineer.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help on how to configure dxf files to use in an optical inspection machine

Terry Thomas
Well, I figured out enough to be dangerous. I went thru one of the tutorials and made a part with a profile and a centerline on separate layers. The file imported into the optical measuring system. Next I need to figure out how to dimension the part. Still need to work on importing in my dxf from my other software.