Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How do you select a curve?

masplin
I've been sent some dxf files which I can view and i've worked out how to select a rectangle and move it.  clicking on a straight line selects it, but clicking on a curve doesn't.  Idiot newbie can someone tell now to select a circle or an object with some straight sides and some curved?

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How do you select a curve?

dellus
Circles and arcs should be selectable the same way as straight lines. An object consisting of several elements can be selected by pulling up a window around them.
Maybe the layer of some elements is locked.
Reply | Threaded
|

masplin
If I click on the curve I get a blue dot where i click if that means anything. How do I put a window round something and select whats inside?
Reply | Threaded
|

masplin
Capture.PNG

I see how to use a window so now all the arc is in light blue, but also all the rectangles which i don't want.  The arc looks like its lots of individual points rather than a line so maybe thats why i cant click to select.  How do I unselect the rectangles without losing the curved shape?

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

masplin
Nest_1-1.dxf

This is the actual file
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
The arcs indeed are a series of small single lines.
You can make a connected object by selecting the single lines you wish to unify by pulling up a window around them, then go to Tools - Polyline - Create Polyline from Existing Segments. If necessary, you can Explode that again.
You can deselect an already selected line by clicking on it again.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by masplin
Pulling up a window from left to right selects only the objects within the window, whereas from right to left also selects those touched by the window.
Reply | Threaded
|

masplin
That's great thanks