How to stretch a inserted block in draw?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to stretch a inserted block in draw?

cwinder
Dear Community,

hopefully I have post this question into the right Sub-Forums & Topics Folder. First I posted it into the Introduced Folder. Upps.

Now then,
     1) I have drawn a new screw in librecad with the layer "OBJECT" (shape), the "AUXILIARY" and the Layer _stretch_lr_2. Saved it as .dxf in the library-path.
     2) After then I open a new draw and choose from the library browser that screw. By pressing the Insert-Button I can change angle, factor and specify reference point.
     3) I'm missing the input value of length for the screw.
     4) If I understand aright then the _stretch_lr -layer defines the divide-line for asking to the length. The reference length will be needed by the programm to calculate the stretch amount. Is this still supported in librecad??

At the moment I can only stretch the screw by editing the block. And there I don't need the _stretch_-layer-function to stretch the screw anymore.

It would be very helpful to stretch the screw within the draw and not in modifing block mode.

Thank's for any recommendations??

So long!
cwinder
So long!
cwinder
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How to stretch a inserted block in draw?

claus82
Hello cwinder!
Try to explode the block, then you should be able to stretch the entities you need
(at least, I think, just tell me the result you had)
Cheers
Claus
...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by cwinder
A block is only visible to its parent drawing as a single insertion point. You can move, rotate, or scale it, but no stretching/triming, etc.

It makes sense to allow parameters for some special parts, but it's not within the current v2 design.

cwinder wrote
Dear Community,

hopefully I have post this question into the right Sub-Forums & Topics Folder. First I posted it into the Introduced Folder. Upps.

Now then,
     1) I have drawn a new screw in librecad with the layer "OBJECT" (shape), the "AUXILIARY" and the Layer _stretch_lr_2. Saved it as .dxf in the library-path.
     2) After then I open a new draw and choose from the library browser that screw. By pressing the Insert-Button I can change angle, factor and specify reference point.
     3) I'm missing the input value of length for the screw.
     4) If I understand aright then the _stretch_lr -layer defines the divide-line for asking to the length. The reference length will be needed by the programm to calculate the stretch amount. Is this still supported in librecad??

At the moment I can only stretch the screw by editing the block. And there I don't need the _stretch_-layer-function to stretch the screw anymore.

It would be very helpful to stretch the screw within the draw and not in modifing block mode.

Thank's for any recommendations??

So long!
cwinder
Reply | Threaded
|

cwinder
In reply to this post by claus82
Hi Claus,

thank you very much to take my problem to yours.

Yes indeed I had tryed your suggestion but I can't find the right way to save the exploded block lines (after stretching) into the same block name. An error occurs that the block name already exists.

Do you have any experience with the layer _stretch_lr_ ??
So long!
cwinder
Reply | Threaded
|

cwinder
In reply to this post by dxli
Hi dxli,

also thank you for your quick answer.

May I think there is a miss understandig by myself.

Yes it is correct that I can move, rotate and scale the block in the drawing but please could you so kind to explain, why I can scale a block?? A screw M4 will still be a M4. A borehole M4 will be an M4. All I liked to is to change the length of this screws, boreholes ,blocks, etc..

Sometimes I didn't know which length I have to chose for a screw, borehole when I start up a new draw. And it would be a great opportunity for me to have this convenience to stretch the inserted screw.

I appreciate it very much if there is a chance to put this feature in the next design. Hopefully other users in this community keep this for necessary, too.
So long!
cwinder
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
A block is treated as a collection of entities, and scaling is defined as scaling of all the entities within this collection.

cwinder wrote
Hi dxli,

also thank you for your quick answer.

May I think there is a miss understandig by myself.

Yes it is correct that I can move, rotate and scale the block in the drawing but please could you so kind to explain, why I can scale a block?? A screw M4 will still be a M4. A borehole M4 will be an M4. All I liked to is to change the length of this screws, boreholes ,blocks, etc..

Sometimes I didn't know which length I have to chose for a screw, borehole when I start up a new draw. And it would be a great opportunity for me to have this convenience to stretch the inserted screw.

I appreciate it very much if there is a chance to put this feature in the next design. Hopefully other users in this community keep this for necessary, too.
Reply | Threaded
|

claus82
In reply to this post by cwinder
Hi cwinder,
unfortunately I almost do not operate anymore in 2d drawings, anyway I tried to help you by memory... I'll try to review a bit of LC using and I'll try to help you again as soon as I can.
Until then
bye!
Claus
...the problem is not the problem, the problem is your aptitude about the problem...
Reply | Threaded
|

cwinder
Hello Claus and dxli,

thank's again for your assistance.

I think it is a reasonable compromise for me at this moment to explode the block, stretch the block an create it as a new block.

Note: I liked to insert here these link, found an old qcad manual how to create an object, please view chapter 15.3.3.

Of course I recognize that qcad is not LibreCad, so, why not to make LibreCad more powerfull?!

Thanks a lot and with my best wishes.  
So long!
cwinder
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
For me, I avoid reading anything from qcad beyond the original GPLv2 fork to make LibreCAD-1.

As I do write code for LibreCAD, I want to avoid taking code from qcad after the fork.

From what we were told by qcad, their manual is not covered by GPL.

cwinder wrote
Hello Claus and dxli,

thank's again for your assistance.

I think it is a reasonable compromise for me at this moment to explode the block, stretch the block an create it as a new block.

Note: I liked to insert here these link, found an old qcad manual how to create an object, please view chapter 15.3.3.

Of course I recognize that qcad is not LibreCad, so, why not to make LibreCad more powerfull?!

Thanks a lot and with my best wishes.