classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Imported image not showing up

Gary S
LANDguy1

Save the attached file to your working directory and open it up with LC.  I opened the file with a text editor and found that the path names used a "/" where it should be a "\" for MS Windows.  I created a couple of jpegs using the filenames in the shown in the dxf file and after changing the / to a \ in the paths, all three images appeared.
overall_pln-ModPath.dxf
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
For me, with substitute images, the original file, a resaved smaller file and the path-modded file all worked in WinXP with various LibreCAD versions.

In Linux with substitute images the original file and the resaved smaller file worked, but not the path-modded file.

Let's see what LANDguy1 will report.

Edit: could it be a Win 10 issue? Or an issue with where the files reside (on what filesystem)?  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary S
Edit: could it be a Win 10 issue? Or an issue with where the files reside (on what filesystem)?  

The answer would be "yes".  *nix uses a forward-slash / to separate directory names in a file path, while Windows (starting with DOS way back in ancient times) uses a back-slash \.  The file LANDguy1 provided was a Windows file [I'm making an educated guess - the file path included a drive designation (C:) which isn't used in *nix.], but also used a forward-slash to separate directory names.  I've seen other cases where a / has been used instead of a \ for Windows applications in configuration files, etc.  Maybe appl that was used to create the original file started of in a different OS - dunno?

Anyway, the file had a little bit of both worlds, a drive designation (Windows) and used a forward-slash (*nix).  I suspect that combination 'broke' things with LibreCAD - it wasn't able to interpret the path correctly, so it didn't show anything.  So, even though I didn't replicate the entire path as I used an entirely different path structure, replacing "/" with "\" solved the problem.  It worked fine on Windows 10.

Having said all that, I'm having a problem with embedded images on Linux.
Reply | Threaded
|

garimajain2002
I am facing the exact same issue. I am trying to import an image, and while I see the boundary, I do not see the content of the image. When I toggle between draft mode with Ctrl D, it shows the boundary or does not show even that. In print preview, too nothing appears. The files are in the same folder. I have tried to save the image as a .png and .jpg, but neither works. Any help will be much appreciated!
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by dellus
I don't expect folder format to be a problem, since we are likely using qt file system abstraction.
dellus wrote
LANDguy1, can you provide one of the images you had inserted for us to test, or is it a problem?

Does the file and the according image I have sent back work for you?

What OS and what LibreCAD version do you use?

I'm running out of ideas what could be the reason.