Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Integration between Librecad with FreeCAD and Blender

jtm2020hyo
Hello, I was hyped with librecad and the initiative libreDWG, already passed 10 year and libredwg look like dead, I think librecad should be converted in a plugging or addon for other programs, or at least create a pluggin or addon for be integrated in a BIM workflow.

why?
librecad have better 2d drawing features and similar to AutoCAD that other programs like freecad, blender, sweet home 3d, etc, for this motive I suggest to LibreCAD developers to integrate and complement to other programs 3D.

The better option problably is integration with Freecad benchwork and addon for blender, creating a plugin for him self, in the version LibreCAD 3.0

IMHO librecad should change their aspirations to replace autocad to integer a good workflow complementing others programs.

PD: add a 3d view please
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Integration between Librecad with FreeCAD and Blender

rolgiati
On Sun, 23 Aug 2020 03:04:18 -0700 (MST)
"jtm2020hyo [via LibreCAD]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I suggest to LibreCAD developers to integrate and complement to other programs
> 3D.
> The better option problably is integration with Freecad benchwork and addon
> for blender, creating a plugin for him self, in the version LibreCAD 3.0
> IMHO librecad should change their aspirations to replace autocad to integer
> a good workflow complementing others programs.

So you want to turn a good stand-alone programme into a plug-in for other progs, thus making the developers dependent on what happens to those other progs, and limiting their liberty to steer their own project in the direction they want ?

Not sure it is the best idea...

Cheers,

Ron.
--
Ninety percent of the time things turn out worse than you thought they would.
   The other ten percent of the time you had no right to expect that much.
                                                -- Augustine, bishop of Hippo

-- http://www.olgiati-in-paraguay.org --

Reply | Threaded
|

jtm2020hyo
rolgiati wrote
So you want to turn a good stand-alone programme into a plug-in for other progs, thus making the developers dependent on what happens to those other progs, and limiting their liberty to steer their own project in the direction they want ?

Not sure it is the best idea...
no exactly, actually plugin are changing to what was, when I talk about plugin for 2 programs, apps, etc, is for just connect the files, not the programs.

example 1:

One plugin exist for connect librecad with freecad and blender, you while are drawing in LibreCAD 1 line, the others 2 programs, freecad and blender, draw exactly the same line at same time, I mean something similar to Xref in AutoCAD, but with different programs, they all keep their independency and complement their works...

Example 2:

Same plugin might work in reverse, you might draw a 3D object in freecad or blender, and that object might be replecented in librecad.

why this is needful?

because each program have their pros and cons, and user do know use all programs, so in this sense, might be useful create a workflow between open source programs.

Reply | Threaded
|

jtm2020hyo
In reply to this post by rolgiati
.. example 3:

PyFlow and FreeCAD

Grasshopper and Rhino

Dynamo Runtime and Revit

... LibreCAD might replace PyFlow, Grasshopper, and Dynamo, but just playing good their cards
Reply | Threaded
|

R. van Twisk
Administrator
In reply to this post by jtm2020hyo
LibreCAD 3 was always intended to be pluggable so this is for sure possible.
LibreCAD 3 has an separate 'kernel', 'renderer' and a batch based pipeline to make modifications on geometry.

Each entity can also hold any meta data so vertexes from one application can be matched with vertexes from a other application by a simple id. Cairo was always ment to be the reference implementation so you could even render 'offline' into a PNG and draw that back into a other application. Or just use the render engine and plugin your own graphics API...

Source: I started LibreCAD 3... But some great people are nowdays working on it!!!
Note: The original LibreCAD (the qcad fork) was not suitable for this...
Reply | Threaded
|

jtm2020hyo
thanks for all your effort, my max respect for you. LC 3 project deserves all possible support.
Reply | Threaded
|

jtm2020hyo
In reply to this post by rolgiati
I found an awesome youtube channel that shows about then was talking

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCno0J0zJ1PKP6EWA8fA3MKQ/videos

here you can find integration between AutoCAD with Revit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3HzYTucfmQ

...and AutoCAD with Robot Structural Analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpAkWPO2cKw

in comparison, AutoCAD = LibreCAD 3, Robot Structural Analysis = FreeCAD FEM, Revit = FreeCAD BIM or BlenderBIM.

PD: videos is in Peruvian Spanish but you do not need to know Spanish, the video and images talk for himself.