classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Issues with Rotate & Select Layer -- Specifying length of line

JDelgado0311
Ver 2.0.6. Win 7 Pro

1. I'm having problems using the Rotate command:  After selecting the lines on a rectangle I want to rotate, I hit enter.  I expect a dialog box to appear so that I can enter the number of degrees.  The dialog box never appears and I am prompted to enter a command in  the command line.

2. I'm having problems using the Select Layer command:  After selecting the line that I want to move to a different layer, I hit enter.   I expect a dialog box to appear so that I can enter the destination layer.  The dialog box never appears and I am prompted to enter a command in  the command line.

3. Is there a way to specify (by typing) the length of a line after I select it?  I do not see an option under "Edit Entity Attributes"?

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Issues with Rotate & Select Layer -- Specifying length of line

neal
welcome!

1)after you hit enter look to the left on the bottom of the toolbar menu for a double green arrow, click that, it continues the command

2)use the modify menu to move objects to another layer,
modify/properties or attributes

3) syntax is @12<90 to draw a line 12 units long up(use line with 2 points)

90 up
270 down
180 left
0 right
PCLOS-LibreCad 2.02
Windows, 7 & 8.1, Librecad, 2.06
Reply | Threaded
|

JDelgado0311
Thanks! The first two worked great.  Still working on 3rd to specify length of line.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Concerning your 3rd point:

a) use measuring tool from menu Info -> Distance Point to Point
    or the Ruler/Dimension icon from left tool bar to show Info tool bar
        and activate Distance (Point, Point) tool
    then click start and end point of the line and find the dimension in the command history box
    use snap to endpoints to be exact

b) use plugin List Entities
    from menu Info select List Entities
    Selection tool bar becomes active
    select one or multiple entities
    click on Continue action arrows from Selection tool bar (Enter may not work yet)
    a new box is opened where all selected entities are listed including length of lines

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Sorry for confusion.

OK, you don't want to know the actual length, you want to shorten/lengthen the line after it's drawn.

There is no tool for that now. You can use Lengthen tool from Modify tool bar, but there you can only specify how much the line would be lengthen, not the final length.

The syntax Neal described is for drawing time. Use tool to draw a line with two points.
In the command line enter start point e.g. 100,100 and then enter @100<45 to draw a line 100 units long and an angle of 45, starting at 100,100

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

JDelgado0311
Thanks for the help.  I got it to work.