classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Leader arrow heads stretched to origin

VaWP_Neil
Hi,

I received several dxf files that I believe were exported from AutoCAD 2016, but when I opened the files, it appears that all the leader arrow heads are stretched to the origin as shown in the attached screenshot.

Arrow problem from imported AutoCAD dxf file

Has anyone ever seen this problem?  And if so, anyone know how to fix this?  I opened up the dxf file in notepad to see if I can find anything obvious, but it's not apparent to me.

Thanks for any help or clues to fix this problem.

Version: 2.1.3
Compiler: GNU GCC 4.9.1
Compiled on: Sep 23 2016
Qt Version: 5.4.1
Boost Version: 1.60.0
System: Windows

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Leader arrow heads stretched to origin

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Yes, seen this before, but can't find it yet.

From top off my head I have two ideas.
1) When it was a bug, it is surely fixed in latest code. So upgrade to newer version 2.2.0rc2 or latest nightly build.
Release candidates yet, but both are stable and safe to replace 2.1.3.

2) It was a settings issue with dimensions in Current Drawing Preferences, like using ticks with length 0 or so.
Or something else set to zero there. Iirc the workaround was to set the value to 0.0001 instead of 0.

Hope this helps, otherwise I have to search more intense.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

VaWP_Neil
Hi LordOfBikes,

Thanks for the quick response!!

I noticed that Tick Size was set to 0 in Current Drawing Preferences, so I tried changing that, saving, and reopening, but that didn't make a difference, so I went ahead and installed the Release Candidate version you referenced, reopened the file, and wouldn't you know it -- problem fixed!!!

Thank you so much for the tip.  I'm always a bit cautious about installing a non-release, and am usually the last one to upgrade, but in this case, definitely a winner!!  I only just started trying out LibreCAD, but I'm definitely going to donate to the cause thanks to some really cool programming and supportive forum members like yourself LordOfBikes!!

Best regards,
Neil
Reply | Threaded
|

fa201
In reply to this post by VaWP_Neil
I had the same issue with a DXF generated by DraftSight. It was solved by upgrading to last release candidate.
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

VaWP_Neil
Thanks Fabrice. I did a quick search on the forum before posting my question but didn’t find anything immediately obvious. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who experienced this problem and that the fix both you and LordOfBikes recommended actually worked.

Thanks again for sharing your use case.

Neil