classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Library Browser

maurov
Finding things.
At view/library browser, there are misc and templates, shown in a tree menu. Not sure about, but A3_paper and a tux drawing are stored. Are these folders where I am suposed to keep my drawings? Where is it, at my system files?

At Edit/Application preferences/path, I creates a library folder. Where is it too?

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Library Browser

sp1der
These are just examples in the library browser.

Just create your own folder any where you like (documents or desktop -wherever!) to store your 'own' templates and CAD blocks (symbols) and add the path to it.
So for example if you are a garden designer you can create your own plant symbols (blocks) and store them in your own folder and use them in a drawing when you need to.
Reply | Threaded
|

maurov
Thanks for answering. Maybe I have questions more from the beginning.
In the next posts I will return to file places.

Blocks are symbols, that may be used in various drawings, such as bolts, nuts and A4 frames with texts and margins. I have to draw them and store at the directory that is specified at edit/app_prefs/paths/part_library as a dxf file. A4frame.dxf , bolt5mm, and nut5mm for example.
So, when creating a new drawing, assembly.dxf, how do I load these 3 blocks into the assembly drawing?
Reply | Threaded
|

maurov
In reply to this post by sp1der
http://forum.librecad.org/Creating-a-new-Block-td5709752.html

There is a good topic about it, but block stays in that dxf file.
Something I'm still missing
Reply | Threaded
|

maurov
Library Browser (View/Toolbars/LibraryBrowser) should open the directory specified at Apps/Prefs/Path.
Im my case,
/home/mypc/Documentos/cad/partlibrary
but it is opening the default directory at
/usr/share/librecad/library
with its misc and templates sub-dirs, with files.
What am I doing wrong?

Reply | Threaded
|

achilliesdev
Hello Maurov,

I had the same issue with the location of the directory for the parts library.

The problem is in the path it self.

/home/mypc/Documentos/cad/partlibrary is the problem

Reduce the directory by one subdirectory /home/mypc/Documentos/cad this should correct the problem.

If it does not then you need to reduce it down to a single directory below your home directory as such /home/mypc/cad

Another thing is - is this the absolute path, please make sure it is by going to the command line and cd'ing to the directory and then use pwd, you then can copy this in the path box in LibreCAD.

I hope this helps solve the problem.

When you have the will to always learn there is nothing that is impossible....The day you stop learning is the day you need to change your profession.