Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LibreCAD+ Libreoffice(calc)

SergiooH12
Hello, im student and im from Spain. My teacher has asked us that if we can link Calc (an app of Libreoffice) to LibreCAD. I know that the AutoCAD is possible to link with Excel but ¿Is possible link LibreCAD with Calc? Pls answer that question is urgent
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LibreCAD+ Libreoffice(calc)

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Your urgent question is too vague for a valuable answer.

Maybe you can explain what you want to achieve with that link. Or how does the AutoCAD link work?

I may assume you want to get a CAD drawing out of a sheet of numbers from Calc. This is basically possible with LibreCAD. But again, you have to be more specific for a qualified answer.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

SergiooH12
I want to do this: put a name of a objet that there are in LibreCAD, inside of a table of Calc ,and with this can do the budget.
Forgives my english.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
OK, then I think LibreOffice help or forum would be a better place for your question.

What LibreCAD can do is to provide a DXF drawing or you can export the drawing to different graphic format like PNG, JPEG or PDF.
So you have to ask, is LibreOffice capable to handle one of these file formats.
I'd expect yes, at least for the graphic formats, but don't nail me down on that

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

SergiooH12
Ok thanksss!! I keep trying
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
What LordOfBikes is talking about is to insert a picture of a LibreCAD object into a table in Calc. If you mean to directly use lengths and areas, and maybe numbers of identical objects, out of LC into Calc to calculate the cost of a project, no, there is no practical way. There is the plugin "list entities", but its not really useful to extract the needed values. You can manually copy and paste single values out of the status bar or the command line into Calc.