Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LibreCAD Problem Resolved By Removing qt-at-spi package on Ubuntu 12.04

stevem_531
I have Ubuntu 12.04.1 64-bit and encountered a problem with LibreCAD regularly (nearly always) crashing when trying to open a .DXF file by selecting it from the File>Open dialogue window.

The symptoms seemed to be more or less identical to those described in the thread started by gee on May 22nd 2013.

I tried both version 1.0.1 from the Ubuntu repositories and also 2.0.0rc1 from the daily builds ppa with the same results.

Running LibreCAD from a command line in a terminal would produce the following output just prior to the crash :-

Interface is not valid
ASSERT failure in : "Got an update for an invalid inteface. Investigate this.", file atspiadaptor.cpp, line 899

After a bit of searching, this led me to this bug associated with the package qt-at-spi affecting a number of applications including LibreCAD :-

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qt-at-spi/+bug/998012

I removed the package qt-at-spi as suggested in the bug report and this now seems to have resolved the issue.

The package qt-at-spi is intended to provide Qt related support for Accessibility features such as Orca Screen Reader - something that might need to be considered before removing it.

I hope that the above information may be helpful to others encountering the same problem.

Regards

Stephen
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreCAD Problem Resolved By Removing qt-at-spi package on Ubuntu 12.04

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Well done!

Thanks for your investigations and sharing the result.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution