classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LibreCAD crashes on a freshh and clean OSX Mavericks +Workaround

mogl
Hi,

first of all: thanks to all developers who make LibreCAD possible. It's just great and a donation will follow!

Since LibreCAD V2.0 it is missing libmuparser.X.dylib. I will attach my detailed crash report below. However, I management it to startup with the workaround that I copied libmuparser.0.dylib from the LibreCAD2.0 RC3 candidate into the Frameworks path of LibreCAD 2.0.1 and then renamed it from libmuparser.0.dylib into libmuparser.2.dylib. The result: LibreCad2.0.1 starts up just fine ;) In future versions: can you please add libmuparser.X.dylib again in the right directory?

Thank you very much and
Best Regards

Mogl

-- Crash report:
Process:         LibreCAD [737]
Path:            /Users/Mogl/Desktop/LibreCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/LibreCAD
Identifier:      com.yourcompany.LibreCAD
Version:         ???
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [261]
Responsible:     LibreCAD [737]
User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2014-01-09 19:03:51.864 +0100
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)
Report Version:  11
Anonymous UUID:  CB954608-43CA-5AA6-CBDF-200C6A31E209

Crashed Thread:  0

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libmuparser.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/Mogl/Desktop/LibreCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/LibreCAD
  Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
    0x7fff69a49000 -     0x7fff69a7c817  dyld (239.3) <D1DFCF3F-0B0C-332A-BCC0-87A851B570FF> /usr/lib/dyld

Model: Macmini3,1, BootROM MM31.00AD.B00, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.26 GHz, 4 GB, SMC 1.35f1
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400, NVIDIA GeForce 9400, PCI, 256 MB
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 2 GB, DDR3, 1067 MHz, 0x80CE, 0x4D34373142353737334348532D4346382020
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 2 GB, DDR3, 1067 MHz, 0x80CE, 0x4D34373142353737334348532D4346382020
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x90), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.131.36.16)
Bluetooth: Version 4.2.0f6 12982, 3 services, 23 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: Ethernet, Ethernet, en0
Serial ATA Device: WDC WD5000BPVT-22HXZT3, 500,11 GB
Serial ATA Device: OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5670S
USB Device: Keyboard Hub
USB Device: Apple Keyboard
USB Device: Miscellaneous Device
USB Device: Vendor-Specific Device
USB Device: IR Receiver
USB Device: BRCM2046 Hub
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
Thunderbolt Bus:

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LibreCAD crashes on a freshh and clean OSX Mavericks +Workaround

dxli
Hi,

Before we can solve this issue, I recommend you to build LibreCAD from source as a workaround. Build LibreCAD from source. OS/X

The main issue: a buggy macdeployqt (packager) in Qt-4 requires manual attention to dependency, and we don't have an OS/X developer in the development team yet. To make it worse, we don't have access to OS/X machines with of different OS/X versions to test our installers.

I'm trying to figure out how to build LibreCAD on OS/X with Qt5, which is said to have a better macdeployqt.

dxli
Reply | Threaded
|

mogl
Hi again,

you necessarily don't need different Macs to test the different *apps. If you compile LibreCAD against the different MacOS SDKs then you can make quite sure that things will work (my knowledge from years long porting another *app from Linux to Mac OS in the past). Further, if somebody eg. has Mac OS 10.9 installed he also has "some" libs from older Mac OS systems in the background and can test these too (which identically behaves the same as if you would run it on another machine). When I was running Mac OS 10.6 I was able to compile against 10.4 but also I was able to run the *app like 10.4 (Mac OS 10.9 is too new for me to already have enough experience like I had with Mac OS 10.6).

You're absolutely right, the better way for the workaround would be to compile it from source. But as a retired developer I won't take the time anymore to dig into such topics. But I'm still here to test your builds and to give some (maybe helpful or not) tips if you need/want them for what can be done to make things better :)

"My" quick and dirty hack BTW does work to do a little bit of drawing in LibreCAD... But at some points (eg. "print preview") LibreCAD still crashes because of the wrong libmuparser.X.dylib saying that the one or the other function is not found in that dylib - which of course is just correct. Now I'm looking forward to a new LibreCAD.app from you and will report back how things work ;)

Thanks a lot!

Mogl
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Hi Mogl,

Actually, this muparser issue is due to a mistake of my building scripts. Due to a serious dxfrw bug introduced also by myself, I updated stable to 2.0.2. Please let me know if there's trouble with 2.0.2:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/librecad/files/OSX/2.0.2/

Regards,

Dongxu

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 2:18 PM, mogl [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi again,

you necessarily don't need different Macs to test the different *apps. If you compile LibreCAD against the different MacOS SDKs then you can make quite sure that things will work (my knowledge from years long porting another *app from Linux to Mac OS in the past). Further, if somebody eg. has Mac OS 10.9 installed he also has "some" libs from older Mac OS systems in the background and can test these too (which identically behaves the same as if you would run it on another machine). When I was running Mac OS 10.6 I was able to compile against 10.4 but also I was able to run the *app like 10.4 (Mac OS 10.9 is too new for me to already have enough experience like I had with Mac OS 10.6).

You're absolutely right, the better way for the workaround would be to compile it from source. But as a retired developer I won't take the time anymore to dig into such topics. But I'm still here to test your builds and to give some (maybe helpful or not) tips if you need/want them for what can be done to make things better :)

"My" quick and dirty hack BTW does work to do a little bit of drawing in LibreCAD... But at some points (eg. "print preview") LibreCAD still crashes because of the wrong libmuparser.X.dylib saying that the one or the other function is not found in that dylib - which of course is just correct. Now I'm looking forward to a new LibreCAD.app from you and will report back how things work ;)

Thanks a lot!

Mogl

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.librecad.org/LibreCAD-crashes-on-a-freshh-and-clean-OSX-Mavericks-Workaround-tp5709352p5709355.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-dev, click here.
NAML

--
Dongxu Li, Ph.D.
www.librecad.org
Reply | Threaded
|

mogl
Hi dxli,
  -> downloads fine.
  -> installs fine.
  -> starts up fine.
  -> works fine.
  -> "print preview" crash disappeared, too!
I'll do more tests the next days, but until now: perfect build, congrats!
Best Regards
  Mogl