Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LibreCAD not working on a 3:2 aspect ratio monitor

double_buffer
I am new to libreCAD, and CAD in general.
My laptop(running Fedora workstation 35 ) has a tall 3:2,  2256x1504 display.
Whenever I launch libreCAD, the application opens up and is way too large to fit on the screen, so I can only see and use a quarter of the interface.
 There seems to be no option in the menus for changing default resolution and scale, and changing my OS scaling setting affects all apps, but also makes the icons too small to press.

Screenshot_from_2022-04-21_03-20-29.png

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreCAD not working on a 3:2 aspect ratio monitor

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Presumably your screen resolution is much less than 2256x1504 display resolution and much smaller than the stored window size of LibreCAD.
LibreCAD stores window size and position on exit and restores it with the next start.
So you have to resize the window that it fits on the screen and it should open with this size in future.

I can't say how it works on Fedora, but it should be possible to resize the window by dragging the left top edge and then move the window until it fits to the screen.
Or find the shortcut key to maximize the window, then it should also fit to the screen.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution