Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LibreCAD

Axel
Hello all. Just a quick little introduction from me: I have no formal developing experience but i am good with detail. Very meticulous in fact.

I feel the area that i will be most able to contribute to will be to documentation - ie on the User/s Manual/s - Tutorials and Reporting Bugs/Tinkering with features etc plus archiving, compiling and indexing in an alphabetical and chronological order.

I hope to be able to contribute to this 2D CAD project so that it can become the 'envy' of proprietary software which is unfortunately often restrictive with its price bracket for most customers and consumers.

I am keen to lean some coding/developing if i can.

Regards, Axel
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LibreCAD

Axel
A few bugs/general observations i have found out so far

1. Scrolling - Up & Down vs Zoom/ing - In & Out is unfamiliar and new territory for me. I am not used to having to hold down the CTRL key to (up & down) scroll the page. This is a bit weird (for me). Takes some getting used to. Not sure if this is a standard thing. Suggest changing it to 'standardise' it. Imagine this is a webpage. Scrolling up and down using the mouse cursor is simple and straight forward. Just a suggestion.

However i did find (purely by chance) that holding down the SHIFT key whilst scrolling [the mouse scroll] (up & down) will scroll left and right. Rear is Right. Up is left. Or to put it another way Left is up. Right is down.

Also when scrolling left and right i have found a bug when a drawing/sketch is wider than the area viewable in the taskpane. A 'quick fix' for this is to zoom in/out of the task pane to reduce the size of the taskpane so that all the drawing/illustration is viewable.

2. Left & Right Click/s - Single Click/Double Click - To click on/off the taskpane?

3. Escape ESC - Having to press twice to escape/clear.

Create Block & Show toolbar "Select" appear to have the same tools/perform the same function - menu

This is just some quick feedback from a new user like myself. Hope this makes sense.

Regards
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LibreCAD

dxli
hi Axel,

Developing in Qt is quite straight forward, as Qt online documentation is very easy to follow.

Follow our wiki to set up to build from source: http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/Main_Page

Some bugs are easy to fix, like: to change/correct command strings typed in command line.

Some features will take long time to design and implement, like to implement middle/right clicking.

Feel free to discussion in this forum on what interest you the most. We can help you start development with LibreCAD, which by design is a community project.

Axel wrote
A few bugs/general observations i have found out so far

1. Scrolling - Up & Down vs Zoom/ing - In & Out is unfamiliar and new territory for me. I am not used to having to hold down the CTRL key to (up & down) scroll the page. This is a bit weird (for me). Takes some getting used to. Not sure if this is a standard thing. Suggest changing it to 'standardise' it. Imagine this is a webpage. Scrolling up and down using the mouse cursor is simple and straight forward. Just a suggestion.

However i did find (purely by chance) that holding down the SHIFT key whilst scrolling [the mouse scroll] (up & down) will scroll left and right. Rear is Right. Up is left. Or to put it another way Left is up. Right is down.

Also when scrolling left and right i have found a bug when a drawing/sketch is wider than the area viewable in the taskpane. A 'quick fix' for this is to zoom in/out of the task pane to reduce the size of the taskpane so that all the drawing/illustration is viewable.

2. Left & Right Click/s - Single Click/Double Click - To click on/off the taskpane?

3. Escape ESC - Having to press twice to escape/clear.

Create Block & Show toolbar "Select" appear to have the same tools/perform the same function - menu

This is just some quick feedback from a new user like myself. Hope this makes sense.

Regards