classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Newbie to Libre CAD - intro

RayArdia
Hello All,
I'm probably a little older than the average LC new user as I'll be 77 this year. I use CAD for woodwork/metalwork drawings and have previously used CADVance and QCAD, don't have any problems with QCAD but because LibreCAD looks like being 'flavour of the century' in Ubuntu I thought it time to try it out!

At first sight it seems fine, although there would appear to  be a few anomalies. If I may I'd like to give each one an airing via a Topic in Troubleshooting unless a moderator points me to another Heading. First cry for help will be Create Block - see my  post in Troubleshooting..
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Newbie to Libre CAD - intro

dxli
Yes, lots of details should be refined.

The GUI part is quite bad current:

1, user has to search the top toolbar area for action options: for example: when drawing a circle by center and radius, and the radius value is read from a widget in top toolbar area shown.

2, no context menu(right click), and command line support is very limited.

RayArdia wrote
Hello All,
I'm probably a little older than the average LC new user as I'll be 77 this year. I use CAD for woodwork/metalwork drawings and have previously used CADVance and QCAD, don't have any problems with QCAD but because LibreCAD looks like being 'flavour of the century' in Ubuntu I thought it time to try it out!

At first sight it seems fine, although there would appear to  be a few anomalies. If I may I'd like to give each one an airing via a Topic in Troubleshooting unless a moderator points me to another Heading. First cry for help will be Create Block - see my  post in Troubleshooting..