classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
KoT
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

MText 'Insert Unicode' does not work

KoT
Using MText in LibreCAD 2.2.0.2, ‘Insert Unicode’ only shows rhombus (i.e., characters not found) even though the symbols are available in the MText Dialog Box.  The only exception is for fonts I created with ttf2lff.
Thank you very much for your advice.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: MText 'Insert Unicode' does not work

dxli
Diamond means missing fonts.

If you can find GPL licensed fonts, the fonts can be added to LibreCAD code base.
KoT wrote
Using MText in LibreCAD 2.2.0.2, ‘Insert Unicode’ only shows rhombus (i.e., characters not found) even though the symbols are available in the MText Dialog Box.  The only exception is for fonts I created with ttf2lff.
Thank you very much for your advice.
KoT
Reply | Threaded
|

KoT
Thank you.  The fonts are in LibreCAD fonts directory.  I use them for standard text.  Its when I want to add a special character through 'Insert Unicode' that things fail.

More so, I would have assumed that if the MText dialog box shows the symbol I want to insert, that its actually there in the font.  LibreCAD needs to pick-it up from somewhere.

Thanks you very much
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Our unicode fonts are not complete.

Can you try the WenQuanYi fonts:

https://forum.librecad.org/wqy-unicode-lff-td5712970.html

Please download the font file and save it to the same folder as your unicode.lff.

KoT wrote
Thank you.  The fonts are in LibreCAD fonts directory.  I use them for standard text.  Its when I want to add a special character through 'Insert Unicode' that things fail.

More so, I would have assumed that if the MText dialog box shows the symbol I want to insert, that its actually there in the font.  LibreCAD needs to pick-it up from somewhere.

Thanks you very much
KoT
Reply | Threaded
|

KoT
In reply to this post by KoT
Thank you.
I downloaded the font (its not available at the link, but I found it in SourceForge).
The 'Insert Unicode' behavior is similar to my previous experience; a rhombus is displayed.
For example:
Page: [0000-007F] Basic Latin
Char: [0001] (is a smiley)

If you chose Char [0024] on the same page, a dollar sign ($) is correctly displayed.

I can use the font to write normal Latin text; though it is an outline font.  I wonder if there is a non-outline font that has a more complete Unicode coverage (like arrows).

Also, I do not understand how MText dialog box shows the correct Unicode character even though it is not part of the font.
Thank you very much