Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Making arrays?

donstauffer
In the CAD I used to use before it got ridiculously expensive, I could create rectangular or polar arrays of objects.  Say I wanted to create an array of small circles, 16 of them , in a four by four array. I could then draw one circle, and select the rectangular array function.  When I told the function the number of repetitions and the distance between points, it would then create the array.

I also used the rectangular array a lot.  Say I wanted a circle with lines from the center (like for a clock face). I could draw a line to the 12 o'clock point,  Then, I could select the line, and then the circular array function. I could type in the number of objects (lines) and the angle.  I could then indicate a center and it would draw that many lines at the requested angle.

I have used the search engine in the manual and did not find an appropriate hits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Making arrays?

dellus
LibreCAD doesn't have this feature. For rectangular array as a workaround you can use Move/Copy with multiple copies in two steps.  
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
For rectangular arrays use the block method.
- draw an entity
- make it a block
- use Modify -> Properties and select the entity
- in the Properties windows you can enter number of X/Y entities and their distance
See https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guides/blocks.html#from-an-existing-drawing

For circular arrays use the rotate methode.
- draw one entity
- use Modify -> Rotate
- select center, reference and destination
- in the Move window check Multiple copies
- enter number of copies (e.g. 11 for a clock, 30° rotation angle)
See https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ref/tools.html#modify

Maybe not that comfortable, but with some experience surely faster than drawing one by one.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

donstauffer
I have been using the copy and place, but it sure is a lot slower than an array function.

I would suggest it would be a good addition to a future release.  It has been years since I last coded (I was a FORTRAN guy).  I am trying to learn some of the newer languages, so it will be awhile before I can help with creating such a function, however.