classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Missing Circle/Concentric option

John McWilliam
LibreCAD 2.2.o-rc1/Windows10
Having drawn a circle I want to use the concentric option, Modify/Circle/Concentric, or just Draw/Circle/Concentric, this option is missing! There are 9 options for drawing a circle, however, Concentric is not one of them. I can get around the problem by drawing a new circle with the same centre but a different radius but this is not what is described in the manual.

JSMcWilliam
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Missing Circle/Concentric option

dellus
I don't know of a Circle/Concentric option and can't find anything about it in the manual.Where have you seen that? Or is it an option you are familiar with from an other CAD system?
You can edit the radius of a circle with Modify - Properties.
Or if you mean to get a circle with a certain distance around an existing one you can use Modify - Offset or Line - Parallel.
Reply | Threaded
|

John McWilliam
Here is the page from the user manual. The chapter has the heading, Further Tools.

I tried your suggestion: modify - "offset" and it seemed to work but I had no control over the space between the concentric circles.

JSMcWilliam
Reply | Threaded
|

aman
You could also draw Circle / Center, Radius, give center and radius from   commmand line or by clicking the canvas.

If you select Snap Cencter, you can draw concentric circles, again from    the command line, or by entering the offset to the Radius box from top     below menu bar.

A little hand work, but when you've done it a few times, it is quite easy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary S
In reply to this post by John McWilliam
Concentric circles (arcs, etc) can be done with Tools -> Modify -> Offset.  You can offset to the outside or inside of the circle.  Keep repeating Offset until you have the number of circles necessary.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
This manual screenshot is from the old wiki and is valid for 2.0 versions, as noted there on the top of the page.
Menus and tools were revamped with LibreCAD 2.1 and the manual for 2.1 and 2.2 is linked there too.
https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

I didn't check, but possibly there was a concentric tool in 2.0, which was moved/renamed to offset in 2.1.
As already mentioned above, the Line tool Parallel or the Modify tool Offset are both usable for concentric circles.
I prefer the Parallel tool, it is more powerful and easier to use.
For the distance, you may not have recognized the tool option bar yet, which appear when the tool is active.
You find it on top of the drawing area, right beside the drawing style options.
If the tool option bar was disabled by accident, you can enable it in the Widgets/Toolbars menu again.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Found in 2.0.3: