Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

My drawings disappear

cad wannabe
Hello everyone - I have a problem I hope someone here can explain. When I try to open a saved version of a drawing, I get a blank screen. There isn't any origin showing, either. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere ? Could there be a scaling issue making the drawing so small that it's not visible when it opens ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: My drawings disappear

dellus
You might have opened it as "QCad 1.x file (*.dxf)".
Choose "Drawing Exchange (*.dxf)" instead.

If it is a scaling problem: Move the cursor from below left to upper right corner of the drawing area and watch the absolute coordinates of the cursor position. This way you can see the area covered. Much much larger than your drawing objects?
You may also try Tools - Select - Select All. Even tiniest objects will be marked clearly visible then.
To be sure also try View - Auto Zoom.  
Reply | Threaded
|

cad wannabe
Hello Dellus - Thank-you so much for your help.

Looks like the auto zoom is the feature I need to bring the drawing objects into view. I can't believe that not knowing about this little feature could cause so much grief. I didn't realize that auto zoom even existed, but it looks like I'll be using it whenever I open a drawing and get a blank screen.

And, after saying all this, I do hope that this really is the solution. I'll be pretty embarrassed if I have to post again and explain that my problem/solution was something else.

Thanks again for your help Dellus, and God bless all the people that have made LibreCad possible. Such a cool program.

Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
In later 2.2.0-... versions you can set auto zoom on open in Application Preferences -> Defaults -> CAD Settings.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution