Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need help with part Library

Jaluman
Ubuntu 16.04
Librecad 2.2.0

I need to get a shower into my drawing and the size 0.80 cm square
From Library went to directory Arch blocks and on #showe80X80_top I insert this  part
had to click on Auto Zoom to final see the part.
This shower is square and size is 80000.0702   (what meters, cm or mm).
How to bring dimension to 0.80 cm square.
Need help to explain me this
Thank you
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need help with part Library

aman
You have to solve which units that larger is, then calculate the ratio and use Tools => Modify => Scale. You might need a few trials to get it right.

Maybe some guide had better explanation, don't remember now and a bit busy so can't check. Anyways I'd recommend to get familiar to docs, links are at the top of the main page.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need help with part Library

dellus
In reply to this post by Jaluman
When inserting something from the library you can set an angle and a size factor in the Tool Options bar appearing above the drawing area. Maybe there is a high value set from an earlier attempt. Test how it comes inserted with factor 1. For me it comes in at 80 units. It depends on what units are set in your drawing and in what units the part from the library was made. As I get it at 80 with import factor 1 it was made with cm as unit.

File #showe80X80_top is a backup file automatically made by LibreCAD during operation. It happens when you open the file normally in LC. I guess you have opened showe80X80_top.dxf this way to inspect it. LibreCAD adds # to the filename for the backup file.

When I tested it on LC 2.2.0rc2 on Windows  the file showe80X80_top inserted from the library didn't work. Command line said couldn't open...But the backup file #showe80X80_top worked! Maybe because it was worked over and saved anew by LC? Maybe that's why it came in so large for you, because you have scaled it up while experimenting with it?

With older versions on Windows and Linux I didn't have problems. So it would be interesting what build exactly is your 2.2.0 Linux version.

Maybe also there is an issue with that arch_blocks collection.