Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New User- Thank you for this Software- Circle Print Dimension Accuracy

MAIKATA
Thank for the creators and moderators of this forum and LibreCAD software.  I am somewhat skilled with CAD drawing but would consider myself a novice.  I am new to LibreCAD.

I have a question regarding print output and Layer line thickness.

Example, I will be printing an overlay on clear plastic.  The dimensions of a circle on this overlay must be exactly 2.0 inches +- .001".
To make the lines visible I have chosen a line thickness of .5mm ISO.
When I print the overly to paper, using 1200 DPI on a laser printer, the measured actual circle diameter is 2.01968498".  The .5 millimeter is added to the printed circle dimensions.  

Can someone tell me how to resolve this so the regardless of the line thickness the outside diameter of the circle will be as defined in the drawing?

Kind Regards,
Mike
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New User- Thank you for this Software- Circle Print Dimension Accuracy

dellus
In CAD line thickness builds up around the geometric center of the line (0-thickness) in both directions. In old style manual drawing you could draw with the pen within the shape.
So in case of a circle as a workaround you could draw it smaller at the amount of the line thickness.
Or, better but more effort, with line thickness 0 draw the outer diameter, and an inner diameter at the distance of wanted line thickness, select both and fill up with a solid hatch.
If it suits your purpose you might also just fill up a circle of line thickness 0 completely.