6 messages Options
Bob
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New to LibreCad Forum

Bob
Hi

I am a Newbee here and I downloaded LibreCad out of curiosity really. To understand that, you have to understand my background. I worked at Ford Motor Co. and I retired back in 2007. I had the opportunity to work with CAD as Ford trained me in PDGS, Ideas C3P, and also worked a little with Catia. I also was one of 6 trainers that actually taught PDGS and C3P to workers on the shop floor so that they could use these programs in making and assembling automotive parts in the shop. The 6 of us also created the training manuals that were used for teaching these programs.
Now, in working my way through LibreCad (and it has been only a few days now for me) I have noted that many commands and icons work very similar to C3P. I have also noticed there is no user manual for this program. I believe I can work on a user and training manual for this program. In order to do that I would need a way to upload pages of the manual as I complete them. Since I am retired I can work on this in my spare time. It would be a User/Training Manual for everyone to use. of course, everyone can also contribute to the Manual as well. Since I am a certified CAD Trainer, I know I can help do this. I only need to know how to upload the pages I create and what format the pages need to be in (I have always used Microsoft Word to create the pages). I will also create some drawing files to use for training with the manual that actually were quite similar to what we used in our training. Let me know.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New to LibreCad Forum

Rallaz
Welcome Bob,
many people would be happy with a good manual, for documentation we have a wiki:
http://wiki.librecad.org/
is required to create an account, because, leave the free edition immediately filled with spam :(

At least these thread are about manuals:
http://forum.librecad.org/Looking-For-Help-File-td5707304.html
http://forum.librecad.org/I-decided-to-cooperate-how-can-I-help-LC-community-td5707312.html

Rallaz
Bob
Reply | Threaded
|

Bob
Hi there Rallaz,
Thanks for the information. I did register with wiki and they sent me a link to verify my email and said they would send my password once I was accepted....but that was last week and I haven't heard from them since. I have begun writing the manual in Microsoft Word. Once it is finished I will send it up to this site. I can also put it in PDF format too. As soon as I get a couple of Chapters done I plan to make them available Then I will add Chapters as I complete them. I also will make drawings available to use with the manual for lessons in the manual. Actually, a couple will be from the C3P training manual that we taught from. They will be adapted to use in LibreCad.

By the way Rallaz, you look an awful lot like a Mentalist friend I know....he looks just like you.

Bob
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
About the wiki password just be patient, probably the admins are busy.

Microsoft Word is not my favorite, but if it is an editable format some other user can convert it to wiki while activates your account.

The most important is the manual license, at least has to be freely distributable, the best is the same as wiki: "Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike"
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

About Mentalist: I do not look like him, he looks like me :-D

Rallaz
Bob
Reply | Threaded
|

Bob
Hi Rallaz,

I can also put this in a PDF file as well. Also, this manual I am writing on the assumption that the user has no CAD experience. So it will be a Basic LibreCad Manual. I suppose eventually There will be a Second volume in Advanced LibreCad Manual. As for basics, some of the Icons and commands are very similar to those in C3P and I easily picked up on those but anyone that has no CAD experience would be lost. I hope to have 2 or 3 Chapters ready soon.

Bob
Reply | Threaded
|

Rallaz
I agree, basic first, advanced after, next translation
His first chapter is a good Christmas gift for new users !!!

Cheers,
Rallaz