classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

No drawing when file opened

OMLCNC
I am new to Librecad and did a drawing Trial.dxf a couple of months
ago, when I cam to open it nothing shows in the drawing window but the layer list shows and the file has a size so I think its all there but I can not see it.

I have done another test drawing and saved and opened it and that works fine.

I have also searched this and other places for answers the nearest being https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues/978#issuecomment-475811240

Any ideas?

System is - Windows 10

Version: 2.1.3
Compiler: GNU GCC 4.9.1
Compiled on: Sep 23 2016
Qt Version: 5.4.1
Boost Version: 1.60.0
System: Windows

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: No drawing when file opened

LordOfBikes
Administrator
The file Trial.dxf is a regular DXF file, so it is not related to the cited GitHub issue.
The file is not empty, but is has no entities. It contains the layer list and 3 blocks, that explains the file size.
There is not chance to see in the dxf file if there were any entities at any time.
Maybe they were deleted by accident?

You can take a look to the storage location, maybe you find one of the files #Trial.dxf or Trial.dxf~.
These are auto save files and possibly show an older instance of the drawing with entities.
You can rename them and then open with LibreCAD.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: No drawing when file opened

OMLCNC
I will look into that and may be like you say I have accidently deleted the file contents at some point so will have to start again. :(

Thanks for your help.

Robert