OS X crashing on drawing preference change...

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
19 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OS X crashing on drawing preference change...

ryancousins
When trying to change the units to fractional under current drawing preferences, the program crashes when hitting ok. This happens when running 2.0.7, 2.0.7.1, and the nightly builds.

Should I submit a bug note on sourceforge?

I'm running OSX Yosemite 10.10.4 on a Late 2014 MacBook Pro Retina.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: OS X crashing on drawing preference change...

dxli
hi ryancousins,

This is a known issue. The current nightly builds are built by OS/X 10.8, and not compatible with OS/X 10.10.

We are working to find/lease a 10.10 build server. Please help us testing new builds, after we have nightly builds by 10.10

ryancousins wrote
When trying to change the units to fractional under current drawing preferences, the program crashes when hitting ok. This happens when running 2.0.7, 2.0.7.1, and the nightly builds.

Should I submit a bug note on sourceforge?

I'm running OSX Yosemite 10.10.4 on a Late 2014 MacBook Pro Retina.
Reply | Threaded
|

springer
I'm having a similar problem. I'm running OS 10.8.5 and LibreCAD 2.0.7, and when i select the line or spline tools in CAD Toolbar, then try to draw, the program crashes, ergo the program is of no value if I can't draw with it. Any idea what is causing it?
Reply | Threaded
|

ravas
springer,

dxli fixed the spline crash. Your version is out of date.
http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/Download
Reply | Threaded
|

springer
ravas: It's disappointing; I have OS 10.8.5 Mountain Lion. If I upgrade to Yosemite or Mavericks a couple or more of my expensive software, i.e. FileMaker Pro & InDesign, won't work and I can't afford several-hundred dollars to upgrade them.
However, thx for your attempt to help.
Reply | Threaded
|

ravas
I meant an outdated version of LibreCAD. We are on 2.0.8 now.
Reply | Threaded
|

Problems with v2.0.8 Maverick & Yosemite

springer
Back again! I have installed v 2.0.8 Maverick; then tried Yosemite and have the same problems w/ both. I'm attempting to follow the tutorial re Dimensioning:

1. After selecting an entity and attempting to delete it with the 'Delete' key..doesn't work…no response. Have to go to 'Select/Select Entity', select the entity (line), then goto 'Modify/Delete selected' to delete it.

2. Re Dimensioning: following the tutorial with a rectangle, I select 'Dimension/Horizontal' and it won't leave 'Linear'. The icons on the left show the upper-right 'Linear.' Clicking on the 'Horizontal' icon doesn't work either; won't leave 'Linear'.
Again, I have OS 10.8.5 installed. If I go higher several app'ns won't work; tried it.
What can be the problem?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problems with v2.0.8 Maverick & Yosemite

dxli
for the first problem, does it work if you select the entity, then do "Modify/Delete Selected" from the main menu? If so, we know it's a keymap issue, and we can do code review there.

for the second issue, "dimensional linear" means to select from user option (in the top toolbar area, hard to notice for first time users, and this should be fixed in LC 2.1) to be either horizontal or vertical.

In general, you can press keyboard Esc to stop get the effect of right click. To kill all current actions (active or paused), use shortcut Ctl-K (on Mac, this may mean Cmd-K), or from the main menu: "Edit/Selection Pointer"

springer wrote
Back again! I have installed v 2.0.8 Maverick; then tried Yosemite and have the same problems w/ both. I'm attempting to follow the tutorial re Dimensioning:

1. After selecting an entity and attempting to delete it with the 'Delete' key..doesn't work…no response. Have to go to 'Select/Select Entity', select the entity (line), then goto 'Modify/Delete selected' to delete it.

2. Re Dimensioning: following the tutorial with a rectangle, I select 'Dimension/Horizontal' and it won't leave 'Linear'. The icons on the left show the upper-right 'Linear.' Clicking on the 'Horizontal' icon doesn't work either; won't leave 'Linear'.
Again, I have OS 10.8.5 installed. If I go higher several app'ns won't work; tried it.
What can be the problem?
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by springer
If you still have crashes, please try to build LC from source, by homebrew, MacPorts, or manual building.

http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_Installation_from_Source#Building_LibreCAD-2.0_on_OS.2FX

We don't have a Mac Developer here, please do build from source to troubleshoot, and help improve our OSX packaging.

springer wrote

What can be the problem?
Reply | Threaded
|

springer
In reply to this post by dxli
Since I installed v2.0.8, it has eliminated crashes.

1. Re Deleting entity: The only way I can select the entity (e.g.: line) is to "go to 'Select/Select Entity', then select the entity (line), then goto 'Modify/Delete Selected' to delete it." Keyboard 'Delete' key doesn't work.

2. Attempting to select 'Horizontal', either from the Menu/Dimension/Horizontal, or from the icon on the left (<-A->) Horizontal, yields no change; the selection remains 'Linear'. Do I understand correctly that it will be fixed in a revision LC 2.1? How will I know when the revision is implemented and available for download?

I have no problem w/ right-click; works fine. Thx for the Cmd-K recommendation to kill all current actions.
Reply | Threaded
|

ravas
Is your delete key broken? Try to delete some while writing your response.
If you go to the Modify menu at the top of LibreCAD, does Delete Selected have "Del" next to it?
It could be different on your operating system.

I don't have any ideas about the dimension issue;
it works fine with the latest code.

It will be several months before 2.1
For updates check http://forum.librecad.org/Announcements-f5707204.html

Reply | Threaded
|

springer
My 'Delete Key' isn't broken.
In the menu 'Delete' and 'Delete Selected' have the same icon to the left of each; a very small icon, a right-angle w/ a 45° line within the angle; no 'Del' next to it.
I'm more concerned about not being able to dimension 'selections'. Perhaps someone w/ Mac OS 10.8.5 experience can help.
However, thx for our help.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
it reminds me about seeing "Delete key" trouble for OSX long time ago. could confirm with a bug tracker link yet.

for the dimension part. I still don't quite understand what's bug.

basically, ignore "dim linear", and test whether you can have the following three features:

1, "dim aligned", to label length along the the direction of specified;
2, "dim horizontal";
3, "dim vertical".

Here's an dxf for example:

dims.dxf

springer wrote
My 'Delete Key' isn't broken.
In the menu 'Delete' and 'Delete Selected' have the same icon to the left of each; a very small icon, a right-angle w/ a 45° line within the angle; no 'Del' next to it.
I'm more concerned about not being able to dimension 'selections'. Perhaps someone w/ Mac OS 10.8.5 experience can help.
However, thx for our help.
Reply | Threaded
|

springer
The link dms.dxf yielded 68 pages of incomprehensible data crowded along the left border of the page, e.g., must be an error of sorts.

dxfrw 0.6.1
SECTION
HEADER
$ACADVER
AC1021
$DWGCODEPAGE
ANSI_1252
$INSBASE
$EXTMIN
$EXTMAX
$LIMMIN
$LIMMAX
$ORTHOMODE
$REGENMODE
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
it's dxf file. should be saved "as is", and opened by LC.

springer wrote
The link dms.dxf yielded 68 pages of incomprehensible data crowded along the left border of the page, e.g., must be an error of sorts.

dxfrw 0.6.1
SECTION
HEADER
$ACADVER
AC1021
$DWGCODEPAGE
ANSI_1252
$INSBASE
$EXTMIN
$EXTMAX
$LIMMIN
$LIMMAX
$ORTHOMODE
$REGENMODE
Reply | Threaded
|

springer
I was successful in opening the dims.dxf file w/ the dimensioned images.
Thx for the help.
springer
Reply | Threaded
|

springer
I've launched dim.dxf and view the 3 entities w/ their dimensions. My problem still exists: I've drawn  horizontal & slanted lines and can't select any Menu/Dimension other than Linear; even from the images on the left, typically Horizontal  !<—A—>!.
I believe the problem is in the Mac software, or am I missing some setup in Preferences or such?
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
I don't get this part "can't select any Menu/Dimension other than Linear"

Do you mean the menu item can not be clicked?

There are three ways to trigger an action:

1, Main menu;
2, CAD Tool Bars;
3, command line, for example, command (short command)

dimhorizontal (dh)
dimvertical (dv)
dimlinear (dl)

springer wrote
I've launched dim.dxf and view the 3 entities w/ their dimensions. My problem still exists: I've drawn  horizontal & slanted lines and can't select any Menu/Dimension other than Linear; even from the images on the left, typically Horizontal  !<—A—>!.
I believe the problem is in the Mac software, or am I missing some setup in Preferences or such?
Reply | Threaded
|

ravas
In reply to this post by springer
With OS X 10.11.1 / Qt 5.5.1 and the latest LibreCAD code the dimensioning issue does not exist.

There are two delete keys on my keyboard and one doesn't work for deleting objects in LibreCAD.
The one that works has a little icon on it with an 'x' inside.