Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Only a box appears when entering text

Charles42
Hi, I'm a new user running version 2.2.0-rc3-34-g0037f14a on a macbook.
When entering text all that appears is a box with no text. I've read the forums and Draft mode is not set on my drawing. What other attributes may be set incorrectly?

Thank you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Only a box appears when entering text

LordOfBikes
Administrator
There was an issue reported on Linux, where fonts and other resources were not found.
This probably happens on MacOS too.
You can try latest 2.2.0-rc4-... where this issue should be solved.
https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/releases/tag/latest
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Charles42
Thank you, I'll try to install it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Charles42
In reply to this post by LordOfBikes
Thank you! That version solved the issue. Text now appears.
Reply | Threaded
|

Charles42
In reply to this post by LordOfBikes
It's still buggy but I can work with it.
When placing text it appears. I can add lines, boxes etc. and the text still remains. I can zoom with no issue. I can pan using the side & bottom bars and no issue. If I use the pan tool on the toolbar, all text reverts to empty boxes.
If I close and reopen the drawing all the text reappears.

This is just some knowledge for reference. I can work with the program this way.

I'm using a Macbook pro running macOS Monterey V 12.6, processor is Dual-core Intel core i5, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

Thank you again.
Reply | Threaded
|

danielgeorge000@yahoo.com
Same issue with pan function changing text to box outlines, and same work around by closing and re-opening file.
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Many thanks for reporting.

I just created an issue on github for this.
https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/issues/1577

Another work around is using the middle mouse button for panning.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

E. A. Capuano
Unfortunatelly, as an Open Source software LibreCAD's documentation is very poor, such as the "User Manual" (it seems the authors of the manual were not paid to write a complete manual), and doesn't have a support team to help users in their learning path, a negative feature of all "community" software (who also doesn't have a phone number to the users calling). I had the same difficulty of this thread of messages when trying (for several days and dozens of hours thinking about) to draw the dimensions on an architecture floor design, and surprisingly I discover that the numbers of the dimensions just appeared when I pressed the botton "Draft". Crazyness? Of course not, just Open Source software, man! Be brave and learn what you can, when you will have time to! Shit!
RP
Reply | Threaded
|

RP
In reply to this post by Charles42
I run into the same issue on my Win 10, LibreCAD 2.2.0. I discovered another way for me how to restore the text from boxes after zoom-panning. Whether I run zoom panning by clicking on the respective icon or by a CMD line shortcut "zp", I am able to exit from the process by the right click. This is obviously easier and more efficient than saving/opening the file. I hope it works for you, guys, as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Could you help test the latest build to confirm the issue is fixed?

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/releases/tag/latest

RP wrote
I run into the same issue on my Win 10, LibreCAD 2.2.0. I discovered another way for me how to restore the text from boxes after zoom-panning. Whether I run zoom panning by clicking on the respective icon or by a CMD line shortcut "zp", I am able to exit from the process by the right click. This is obviously easier and more efficient than saving/opening the file. I hope it works for you, guys, as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

Huxley
In reply to this post by Charles42
I had this happening in dxf files that were originally created in Autocad.  Try opening your file and save it in Librecad.  In my case the text reappeared.  I only had to do this once and all was well when reopened after that.  
Reply | Threaded
|

laure Debourdeau
In reply to this post by E. A. Capuano
Thank you so much !!! Magic draft button. I was looking for my cotations for days, reading manuals, viewing tutos...