3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ortho mode in command line?

Glenwf
LibreCadd ver 2.0.7
Mac Powerbook Pro. OSX 10.9.5

In previous CADD programs I was able to use an "Ortho" mode to enter locations for the next place to draw a line to.  It didn't matter where I was on the drawing, if I wanted to go 5 mm to the right and 2 mm up, I would enter
5, 2

In LibreCadd it seems you have to enter the absolute location for the next place to put the end of the line.  Than can be very complicated subtracting and adding when going around a more complex structure than a simple square.  I get confused very quickly adding and subtracting.  In the other programs, when a line was started, it started at 0,0 and you knew all you had to add was the relative (not absolute) location of the next anchor spot.

Am I wrong and the "Ortho" mode doesn't really exist in LibreCadd???  If so I dont' see how to make it work.  I have "Edit / Current Drawing Preferences / Grid / Orthogonal Grid" selected, but I don't think this relates to my problem.

Any help please?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ortho mode in command line?

dxli
LibreCAD has the concept of "Relative Zero", and you can type in coordinates from the relative zero, such as "@5,2"

so, "5,2" means coordinates 5,2 ; "@5,2" means relative coordinates
Glenwf wrote
LibreCadd ver 2.0.7
Mac Powerbook Pro. OSX 10.9.5

In previous CADD programs I was able to use an "Ortho" mode to enter locations for the next place to draw a line to.  It didn't matter where I was on the drawing, if I wanted to go 5 mm to the right and 2 mm up, I would enter
5, 2

In LibreCadd it seems you have to enter the absolute location for the next place to put the end of the line.  Than can be very complicated subtracting and adding when going around a more complex structure than a simple square.  I get confused very quickly adding and subtracting.  In the other programs, when a line was started, it started at 0,0 and you knew all you had to add was the relative (not absolute) location of the next anchor spot.

Am I wrong and the "Ortho" mode doesn't really exist in LibreCadd???  If so I dont' see how to make it work.  I have "Edit / Current Drawing Preferences / Grid / Orthogonal Grid" selected, but I don't think this relates to my problem.

Any help please?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ortho mode in command line?

Glenwf
In reply to this post by Glenwf
I remember reading that now when I went through the examples.  Guess that was too long ago...
  Thanks, forgot...