classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Polyline: Create Polyline from Existing Segments

Christian
Here I am again,

Strangely I just cannot seem to be able to use it: first I draw a polyline of any type, then select the tool, the Command line says: Choose one of the segments of the original polyline; I cannot get passed that stage as no segment can be selected.

Regards again,

Christian
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Polyline: Create Polyline from Existing Segments

ravas
Actually it does work;
however, the lines are not highlighted (this is a bug).

I recommend that you first select all the lines you want to convert, and then select the tool.
In this order, selecting the tool finalizes the operation.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Polyline: Create Polyline from Existing Segments

Christian
Thank you Ravas,

You are right it does work. While checking your comment, I realised I was missing the scope of the tool: I thought using it I would be able to extend an existing polyline, a little bit like Append node, in fact what it does is either make a polyline out of several connected segments, lines and/or arcs, or several connected polylines. I think what misled me is the writing on the Command line: "Choose one of the segments on the original polyline".
May I suggest that instead it says: "Choose a first segment", once that is done: "Choose a second segment"...and so on, or "Choose one of the segments on the future polyline", once that is done: "Choose another segment on the future polyline", in such way I think it would be more explicit.

Regards,

Christian