classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
19 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Presentation and S.O.S

PatGuano
Good evening.

I am Michael Uplawski, developer with some C++/Qt-, and other background. For some days already, I try to understand how I could contribute to the LibreCAD development.

Originally from Germany, I am living in France now where I try to make the "transition" to a more ecological life-style. This is a rather agriculture-oriented move and includes many things; most are not IT-related. However, free software must help me to keep my head over water for some time and anyway.., it may be the only software worth talking about, before long.

So, LibreCAD. I used first QCad, then LibreCAD to design my plan for our new house (which will be a GREB-construction, i.e. wood/straw). In the process, I found some oddities and thought I could take a look at the code. So I did and now I feel like contributing code, but also documentation and, -why not-, translations to the project.

Alas.

Having just registered to the mailing list... or nabble (what is it?), I am a little shocked to find a multitude of communication-channels being used by the LibreCAD-community. As for the last days I tried to get warm with GIT and failed, I concentrated on that platform and solely posted two or three issues there.

At the same time, I worked a little on my own fork in order to understand the project and maybe contribute on a rather modest level.

This evening, as I write this message, I am at a complete loss. GIT will not let me "fetch upstream" and I cannot really see a way to securely publish any of my changes. With the new knowledge gained from looking at the many threads on this discussion-... "platform" I take, that my understanding of the project had all been wrong in the first place.

... You may be into this for months and longer but should consider a guide to "contributing to LibreCAD" much more concise than the hints already given in different places or on diverse occasions... But that is for the future and you will find a way.

For now it is just this: What shall I do? ;-)

TY.

Michael Uplawski.
www.uplawski.eu
I think a person's worth is measured by nature, in her own terms, not by joining a clique of mutual praise with no connection to reality. (Paul Lutus)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Presentation and S.O.S

R. van Twisk
Administrator
Michael,

we ususally accept pull request from git, that said.
The bets place to get git working in this sitution is by looking at this help page from github: 

From what I am reading it sounds like you forgot to add upstream : git remote add upstream <a href="git://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.git">git://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.git

Once you can upload from 'upstream' (our git repo) and can push that back to your own repo,
you can also send us pull requests with your changes.
Ofcourse, if all fails, we also accept patches.

Translations need to be added through : http://translate.librecad.org/
You can send me a mail with your account name so I can add you to
pottle for translations on french locale.

Ries

On Oct 31, 2011, at 12:06 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] wrote:

Good evening.

I am Michael Uplawski, developer with some C++/Qt-, and other background. For some days already, I try to understand how I could contribute to the LibreCAD development.

Originally from Germany, I am living in France now where I try to make the "transition" to a more ecological life-style. This is a rather agriculture-oriented move and includes many things; most are not IT-related. However, free software must help me to keep my head over water for some time and anyway.., it may be the only software worth talking about, before long.

So, LibreCAD. I used first QCad, then LibreCAD to design my plan for our new house (which will be a GREB-construction, i.e. wood/straw). In the process, I found some oddities and thought I could take a look at the code. So I did and now I feel like contributing code, but also documentation and, -why not-, translations to the project.

Alas.

Having just registered to the mailing list... or nabble (what is it?), I am a little shocked to find a multitude of communication-channels being used by the LibreCAD-community. As for the last days I tried to get warm with GIT and failed, I concentrated on that platform and solely posted two or three issues there.

At the same time, I worked a little on my own fork in order to understand the project and maybe contribute on a rather modest level.

This evening, as I write this message, I am at a complete loss. GIT will not let me "fetch upstream" and I cannot really see a way to securely publish any of my changes. With the new knowledge gained from looking at the many threads on this discussion-... "platform" I take, that my understanding of the project had all been wrong in the first place.

... You may be into this for months and longer but should consider a guide to "contributing to LibreCAD" much more concise than the hints already given in different places or on diverse occasions... But that is for the future and you will find a way.

TY.

Michael Uplawski.
www.uplawski.eu

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4952926.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

PatGuano
Hi Ries

thanks for your hints.

R. van Twisk wrote
From what I am reading it sounds like you forgot to add upstream : git remote add upstream git://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.git
I think I did that repeatedly and find in project/.git/config:
[remote "upstream"]
        url = git://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/upstream/*
Once you can upload from 'upstream' (our git repo) and can push that back to your own repo,
you can also send us pull requests with your changes.
Ofcourse, if all fails, we also accept patches.
Okay I keep trying. Committing to my own fork works obviously.
Translations need to be added through : http://translate.librecad.org/
You can send me a mail with your account name so I can add you to
pottle for translations on french locale.
 I am already registered and have provided German translations and corrections as user "Terre-Paille". My French is better in spoken language than written, but I will surely take a look sometimes.

As regards GIT, I am considering the removal of my account and a new registration. The e-mail address I chose is also not accepted for login.

Ries

On Oct 31, 2011, at 12:06 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] wrote:

> Good evening.
>
> I am Michael Uplawski, developer with some C++/Qt-, and other background. For some days already, I try to understand how I could contribute to the LibreCAD development.
>
> Originally from Germany, I am living in France now where I try to make the "transition" to a more ecological life-style. This is a rather agriculture-oriented move and includes many things; most are not IT-related. However, free software must help me to keep my head over water for some time and anyway.., it may be the only software worth talking about, before long.
>
> So, LibreCAD. I used first QCad, then LibreCAD to design my plan for our new house (which will be a GREB-construction, i.e. wood/straw). In the process, I found some oddities and thought I could take a look at the code. So I did and now I feel like contributing code, but also documentation and, -why not-, translations to the project.
>
> Alas.
>
> Having just registered to the mailing list... or nabble (what is it?), I am a little shocked to find a multitude of communication-channels being used by the LibreCAD-community. As for the last days I tried to get warm with GIT and failed, I concentrated on that platform and solely posted two or three issues there.
>
> At the same time, I worked a little on my own fork in order to understand the project and maybe contribute on a rather modest level.
>
> This evening, as I write this message, I am at a complete loss. GIT will not let me "fetch upstream" and I cannot really see a way to securely publish any of my changes. With the new knowledge gained from looking at the many threads on this discussion-... "platform" I take, that my understanding of the project had all been wrong in the first place.
>
> ... You may be into this for months and longer but should consider a guide to "contributing to LibreCAD" much more concise than the hints already given in different places or on diverse occasions... But that is for the future and you will find a way.
>
> For now it is just this: What shall I do? ;-)
>
> TY.
>
> Michael Uplawski.
> www.uplawski.eu
>
>
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
> http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4952926.html
> To start a new topic under LibreCAD, email [hidden email] 
> To unsubscribe from LibreCAD, click here.
I think a person's worth is measured by nature, in her own terms, not by joining a clique of mutual praise with no connection to reality. (Paul Lutus)
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
In reply to this post by PatGuano
Hi Michael,

did you follow github help?

http://help.github.com/win-set-up-git/

if you are use linux OS/X, it's even easier with command list. Let me know if you need help on unix-like, since I'm a linux only guy.

We need help on many areas, to name a few,

hatch: src/lib/engin/rs_hatch.cpp
point entity type: src/lib/engine/rs_point.cpp
command line: commandEvent() functions in src/actions/
scripts, I haven't looked at this part yet

Another way to to start is to read our bug/feature request trackers,

http://librecad.org/cms/home/get-help.html

you may find some easy fixes for bugs, or read closed bugs, read the commits which fixed the bugs. It will help you to get some picture about how it works.

Finally, in the orientation process, you may want to contribute to our LibreCAD wiki (user wiki, and developer wiki),

http://zxq9.com/librecad/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/wiki

Thanks,

Dongxu Li

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 1:06 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good evening.

Alas.

TY.

Michael Uplawski.
www.uplawski.eu

http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4952926.html
To start a new topic under LibreCAD-dev, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-dev, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

PatGuano
Good evening.

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:01:53 -0700 (PDT)
"dxli [via LibreCAD]" <ml-node+s1049103n4953082h99@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> if you are use linux OS/X, it's even easier with command list. Let me
> know if you need help on unix-like, since I'm a linux only guy.
>
> We need help on many areas, to name a few,  

It would be an honour for me, if I could be of help. Let me however
dwell on github and the command-line, first. See what I do and the
result of it:
----------
michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD_Fork$ git remote add upstream
git://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.git fatal: remote upstream already
exists. michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD_Fork$ git fetch upstream
github.com[0: 207.97.227.239]: errno=Connection timed out
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection timed out)
michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD_Fork$
----------
So much for the fetch upstream.

> http://librecad.org/cms/home/get-help.html
>
> you may find some easy fixes for bugs, or read closed bugs, read the
> commits which fixed the bugs. It will help you to get some picture
> about how it works.  

I found code that must be changed to be future-proof and bugs, one of
which had already been fixed yesterday: the missing wildcard in the
file-filter.

> Finally, in the orientation process, you may want to contribute to our
> LibreCAD wiki (user wiki, and developer wiki),
>
>  http://zxq9.com/librecad/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
>
> https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/wiki 

Here, I have added two points but refrain from doing more before I am
able to configure my own development-environment.

>
> Thanks,
>
> Dongxu Li  

I thank you. ;-)

Thanks to LibreCAD, I can get my construction-permit and do not have to
explain to an architect what GREB means or how I want to live on a tiny
space like that...

Cheerio,

Michael.
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 1:06 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <
> ml-node+s1049103n4952926h74@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
>  
> > Good evening.
> >
> > I am Michael Uplawski, developer with some C++/Qt-, and other
> > background. For some days already, I try to understand how I could
> > contribute to the LibreCAD development.
> >
> > Originally from Germany, I am living in France now where I try to
> > make the "transition" to a more ecological life-style. This is a
> > rather agriculture-oriented move and includes many things; most are
> > not IT-related. However, free software must help me to keep my head
> > over water for some time and anyway.., it may be the only software
> > worth talking about, before long.
> >
> > So, LibreCAD. I used first QCad, then LibreCAD to design my plan
> > for our new house (which will be a GREB-construction, i.e.
> > wood/straw). In the process, I found some oddities and thought I
> > could take a look at the code. So I did and now I feel like
> > contributing code, but also documentation and, -why not-,
> > translations to the project.
> >
> > Alas.
> >
> > Having just registered to the mailing list... or nabble (what is
> > it?), I am a little shocked to find a multitude of
> > communication-channels being used by the LibreCAD-community. As for
> > the last days I tried to get warm with GIT and failed, I
> > concentrated on that platform and solely posted two or three issues
> > there.
> >
> > At the same time, I worked a little on my own fork in order to
> > understand the project and maybe contribute on a rather modest
> > level.
> >
> > This evening, as I write this message, I am at a complete loss. GIT
> > will not let me "fetch upstream" and I cannot really see a way to
> > securely publish any of my changes. With the new knowledge gained
> > from looking at the many threads on this discussion-... "platform"
> > I take, that my understanding of the project had all been wrong in
> > the first place.
> >
> > ... You may be into this for months and longer but should consider
> > a guide to "contributing to LibreCAD" much more concise than the
> > hints already given in different places or on diverse occasions...
> > But that is for the future and you will find a way.
> >
> > For now it is just this: What shall I do? ;-)
> >
> > TY.
> >
> > Michael Uplawski.
> > www.uplawski.eu
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >  If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> > discussion below:
> >
> > http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4952926.html
> >  To start a new topic under LibreCAD-dev, email
> > ml-node+s1049103n4361976h24@n5.nabble.com
> > To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-dev, click
> > here<http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=4361976&code=ZG9uZ3h1bGkyMDExQGdtYWlsLmNvbXw0MzYxOTc2fDE5NTI0NzgyMw==>.
> >
> >  
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> discussion below:
> http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4953082.html
>
> To unsubscribe from Presentation and S.O.S, visit
> http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=4952926&code=cGF0Lmd1YW5vQGRvbi5ibGVjaC5lNHdhcmQuY29tfDQ5NTI5MjZ8NTI3MDI1ODcw 

--
GnuPG/OpenPGP: 2048D/74A227D5 2010-04-09 [verfällt: 2012-04-08]
sub:           2048g/4E580A13 2010-04-09 [verfällt: 2012-04-08]
User:          Michael Uplawski (privat) <michael.uplawski@uplawski.eu>
Fingerprint:   1E6E 87CF B2F5 EBBC ACB6  7120 0A44 0972 74A2 27D5

[signature.asc  application/pgp-signature (230 Bytes)]
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Hi Michael,

let's start git part from fresh,

$ cd
$ mkdir -p ~/tmp
$ rm -rf LibreCAD
$ git clone git://github.com/dxli/LibreCAD.git
$ cd LibreCAD
$ git remote add upstream git://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.git
$ git fetch --all
$ git checkout -f -b upstream upstream/master
$ git branch -a

here, I only use my repository as an example, you should replace it with your own repository.

Thanks,

Dongxu Li

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 2:33 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good evening.

"dxli [via LibreCAD]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>

result of it:
----------
----------

>
> about how it works.  

file-filter.

>
>

>
> Thanks,
>
> Dongxu Li  

I thank you. ;-)

space like that...

Cheerio,

Michael.
>

>
>
>
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>  
> > Good evening.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Alas.
> >
> > there.
> >
> > level.
> >
> > the first place.
> >
> >
> >
> > TY.
> >
> > Michael Uplawski.
> > www.uplawski.eu
> >
> >
> > discussion below:
> >
> > http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4952926.html
> > [hidden email]
> > here<
> >
> >  
>
>
> discussion below:
>
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4953082.html
>
>

--
User:          Michael Uplawski (privat) <
[hidden email]>

http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4953180.html

Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
forgot something,

$ cd
$ mkdir -p ~/tmp
$ cd ~/tmp
$ rm -rf LibreCAD
$ cd LibreCAD

$ git fetch --all
$ git branch -a
On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Dongxu Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Michael,

let's start git part from fresh,

$ cd
$ mkdir -p ~/tmp
$ rm -rf LibreCAD
$ cd LibreCAD

$ git fetch --all
$ git branch -a

here, I only use my repository as an example, you should replace it with your own repository.

Thanks,

Dongxu Li

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 2:33 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good evening.

"dxli [via LibreCAD]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>

result of it:
----------
----------

>
> about how it works.  

file-filter.

>
>

>
> Thanks,
>
> Dongxu Li  

I thank you. ;-)

space like that...

Cheerio,

Michael.
>

>
>
>
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>  
> > Good evening.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Alas.
> >
> > there.
> >
> > level.
> >
> > the first place.
> >
> >
> >
> > TY.
> >
> > Michael Uplawski.
> > www.uplawski.eu
> >
> >
> > discussion below:
> >
> > [hidden email]
> > here<
> >
> >  
>
>
> discussion below:
>
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4953082.html
>
>

--
[hidden email]>

http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4953180.html

Reply | Threaded
|

PatGuano
In reply to this post by dxli
Hi,

I am afraid the problem persists.

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:04:02 -0700 (PDT)
"dxli [via LibreCAD]" <ml-node+s1049103n4953265h72@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> let's start git part from fresh,

I performed the following steps on my own fork (git://github.com/PatGuano/LibreCAD.git) with the exception, that the readonly-access to github did not work on the command-line. git gui however did.
> $ cd
> $ mkdir -p ~/tmp
> $ rm -rf LibreCAD
> $ git clone
> git://github.com/dxli/LibreCAD.git<http://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.git>
> $ cd LibreCAD
> $ git remote add upstream
> git://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.git
> $ git fetch --all
-------------
And there it bails out again.
The project structure, cloned from "git gui" still looks alright:

:~/tmp/LibreCAD$ ls
desktop  dxflib  forkit.gif  fparser  gpl-2.0greater.txt  gpl-2.0.txt
index.html  jwwlib  librecad.dox  librecad.pro  LICENSE plugins
README  res  scripts  src  support  ts

:~/tmp/LibreCAD$ git remote add upstream git://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.git
:~/tmp/LibreCAD$ git fetch --all 
Fetching origin
Fetching upstream
error: Could not fetch upstream
------------------

Tomorrow I will try to replace my github-account by a new one and try
again. The purely technical nature of the problem appears to manifest
and as such it will be solved one way or other.

Thanks for your assistance so far.

> $ git checkout -f -b upstream upstream/master
> $ git branch -a
>
> here, I only use my repository as an example, you should replace it
> with your own repository.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dongxu Li
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 2:33 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <
> ml-node+s1049103n4953180h48@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
>
> > Good evening.
> >
> > On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:01:53 -0700 (PDT)
> > "dxli [via LibreCAD]" <ml-node+s1049103n4953082h99@n5.nabble.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > if you are use linux OS/X, it's even easier with command list.
> > > Let me know if you need help on unix-like, since I'm a linux only
> > > guy.
> > >
> > > We need help on many areas, to name a few,
> >
> > It would be an honour for me, if I could be of help. Let me however
> > dwell on github and the command-line, first. See what I do and the
> > result of it:
> > ----------
> > michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD_Fork$ git remote add upstream
> > git://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD.git fatal: remote upstream
> > already exists. michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD_Fork$ git fetch
> > upstream github.com[0: 207.97.227.239]: errno=Connection timed out
> > fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection timed out)
> > michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD_Fork$
> > ----------
> > So much for the fetch upstream.
> >
> > > http://librecad.org/cms/home/get-help.html
> > >
> > > you may find some easy fixes for bugs, or read closed bugs, read
> > > the commits which fixed the bugs. It will help you to get some
> > > picture about how it works.
> >
> > I found code that must be changed to be future-proof and bugs, one
> > of which had already been fixed yesterday: the missing wildcard in
> > the file-filter.
> >
> > > Finally, in the orientation process, you may want to contribute
> > > to our LibreCAD wiki (user wiki, and developer wiki),
> > >
> > >  http://zxq9.com/librecad/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
> > >
> > > https://github.com/LibreCAD/LibreCAD/wiki
> >
> > Here, I have added two points but refrain from doing more before I
> > am able to configure my own development-environment.
> >
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Dongxu Li
> >
> > I thank you. ;-)
> >
> > Thanks to LibreCAD, I can get my construction-permit and do not
> > have to explain to an architect what GREB means or how I want to
> > live on a tiny space like that...
> >
> > Cheerio,
> >
> > Michael.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 1:06 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <
> > > ml-node+s1049103n4952926h74@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Good evening.
> > > >
> > > > I am Michael Uplawski, developer with some C++/Qt-, and other
> > > > background. For some days already, I try to understand how I
> > > > could contribute to the LibreCAD development.
> > > >
> > > > Originally from Germany, I am living in France now where I try
> > > > to make the "transition" to a more ecological life-style. This
> > > > is a rather agriculture-oriented move and includes many things;
> > > > most are not IT-related. However, free software must help me to
> > > > keep my head over water for some time and anyway.., it may be
> > > > the only software worth talking about, before long.
> > > >
> > > > So, LibreCAD. I used first QCad, then LibreCAD to design my plan
> > > > for our new house (which will be a GREB-construction, i.e.
> > > > wood/straw). In the process, I found some oddities and thought I
> > > > could take a look at the code. So I did and now I feel like
> > > > contributing code, but also documentation and, -why not-,
> > > > translations to the project.
> > > >
> > > > Alas.
> > > >
> > > > Having just registered to the mailing list... or nabble (what is
> > > > it?), I am a little shocked to find a multitude of
> > > > communication-channels being used by the LibreCAD-community. As
> > > > for the last days I tried to get warm with GIT and failed, I
> > > > concentrated on that platform and solely posted two or three
> > > > issues there.
> > > >
> > > > At the same time, I worked a little on my own fork in order to
> > > > understand the project and maybe contribute on a rather modest
> > > > level.
> > > >
> > > > This evening, as I write this message, I am at a complete loss.
> > > > GIT will not let me "fetch upstream" and I cannot really see a
> > > > way to securely publish any of my changes. With the new
> > > > knowledge gained from looking at the many threads on this
> > > > discussion-... "platform" I take, that my understanding of the
> > > > project had all been wrong in the first place.
> > > >
> > > > ... You may be into this for months and longer but should
> > > > consider a guide to "contributing to LibreCAD" much more
> > > > concise than the hints already given in different places or on
> > > > diverse occasions... But that is for the future and you will
> > > > find a way.
> > > >
> > > > For now it is just this: What shall I do? ;-)
> > > >
> > > > TY.
> > > >
> > > > Michael Uplawski.
> > > > www.uplawski.eu
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ------------------------------
> > > >  If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> > > > discussion below:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >  To start a new topic under LibreCAD-dev, email
> > > > ml-node+s1049103n4361976h24@n5.nabble.com
> > > > To unsubscribe from LibreCAD-dev, click
> > > > here<
> > http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=4361976&code=ZG9uZ3h1bGkyMDExQGdtYWlsLmNvbXw0MzYxOTc2fDE5NTI0NzgyMw==>.
> >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> > > discussion below:
> > >
> > http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4953082.html
> > >
> > > To unsubscribe from Presentation and S.O.S, visit
> > >
> > http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=4952926&code=cGF0Lmd1YW5vQGRvbi5ibGVjaC5lNHdhcmQuY29tfDQ5NTI5MjZ8NTI3MDI1ODcw
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > GnuPG/OpenPGP: 2048D/74A227D5 2010-04-09 [verfällt: 2012-04-08]
> > sub:           2048g/4E580A13 2010-04-09 [verfällt: 2012-04-08]
> > User:          Michael Uplawski (privat)
> > <michael.uplawski@uplawski.eu> Fingerprint:   1E6E 87CF B2F5 EBBC
> > ACB6  7120 0A44 0972 74A2 27D5
> >
> > [signature.asc  application/pgp-signature (230 Bytes)]
> >
> > discussion below:
> >
> > http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4953180.html
> > ml-node+s1049103n4361976h24@n5.nabble.com
> > here<http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=4361976&code=ZG9uZ3h1bGkyMDExQGdtYWlsLmNvbXw0MzYxOTc2fDE5NTI0NzgyMw==>.
> >
> >
>
>
> discussion below:
> http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4953265.html
>
> http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=4952926&code=cGF0Lmd1YW5vQGRvbi5ibGVjaC5lNHdhcmQuY29tfDQ5NTI5MjZ8NTI3MDI1ODcw
Reply | Threaded
|

Resolved: SSH for fetch upstream [was: Presentation and S.O.S]

PatGuano
My "fetch upstream" problem is solved for the time.

I re-created my github account from scratch and ended with the exact same problem as before:
$> git fetch upstream ended with a socket timeout.

The solution which works for me is to either remove the block [remote "upstream"] from project/.git/config then run
$>  git remote add upstream git@github.com:LibreCAD/LibreCAD.git
which ensures the SSH-compatible syntax or to replace the upstream server definition manually to:
----------
[remote "upstream"]
        url = git@github.com:LibreCAD/LibreCAD.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/upstream/*
----------

Now I can finally "fetch upstream".

Bad news for you... I am here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Stop [was: Presentation and S.O.S]

PatGuano
So, I re-created my account and can fork (as before), clone (as before), fetch upstream (new) and commit changes (new).

Only, my changes have not shown up anywhere during the last two days, when I access my github-repository either on the web, or by calling git in a terminal. For now, I have decided to concentrate on other duties and do some reading-work on other subjects. I can wait.

Cheerio.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Stop [was: Presentation and S.O.S]

dxli
Hi,

Let's do step by step.

in your repository folder,

$ git branch -a

you should see something like,

remotes/origin/master

if so, checkout it to another branch:

$ git checkout -f -b new-branch origin/master

it should checkout the master branch (at your remote pository) to a branch named "new-branch".

Then, merge your changes to this new branch:

$ git merge master

it should merge your changes. if it says, "already up-to-date", that means you have not committed anything yet to your master branch.

$ git push

it should push your changes to the remote repository.

Let me know whether it works for you.

Thanks,

Dongxu Li

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
So, I re-created my account and can fork (as before), clone (as before), fetch upstream (new) and commit changes (new).

Only, my changes have not shown up anywhere during the last two days, when I access my github-repository either on the web, or by calling git in a terminal. For now, I have decided to concentrate on other duties and do some reading-work on other subjects. I can wait.

Cheerio.

http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4961692.html

Reply | Threaded
|

PatGuano
Howdy,

here are the results:

------
michael@drusus:~/prog$ cd LibreCAD/
michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD$ git checkout -f -b LibreCAD_branch
origin/master
Branch LibreCAD_branch set up to track remote branch master from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'LibreCAD_branch'
michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD$ git merge master
Updating 8c84efe..6146542
Fast-forward
 src/actions/rs_actiondrawimage.cpp    |    2 ++
 src/lib/engine/rs_entitycontainer.cpp |    6 +++---
 src/lib/engine/rs_graphic.cpp         |    7 +++----
 src/lib/engine/rs_graphic.h           |    1 +
 src/lib/filters/rs_filterjww.cpp      |    4 +++-
 src/lib/gui/rs_grid.cpp               |    9 ++++++---
 src/ui/qg_pentoolbar.cpp              |    9 ++++++---
 7 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)
michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD$ git push
Enter passphrase for key '/home/michael/.ssh/id_rsa':
Counting objects: 48, done.
Delta compression using up to 2 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (33/33), done.
Writing objects: 100% (33/33), 3.00 KiB, done.
Total 33 (delta 27), reused 0 (delta 0)
To [hidden email]:PatGuano/LibreCAD.git
   8c84efe..6146542  master -> master
------

All I need to know now is, where I see my changes and ..., okay, I see
them, when I start creating a pull request. :-/

For exercise, I will just do that, create a pull request and observe
what happens.

Sorry, I am accustomed to Subversion and even CVS and was expecting
more intense feedback from github.

Thank you anyway.

Michael.

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 11:08:23 -0700 (PDT)
"dxli [via LibreCAD]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> Hi,
>
> Let's do step by step.
>
> in your repository folder,
>
> $ git branch -a
>
> you should see something like,
>
> remotes/origin/master
>
> if so, checkout it to another branch:
>
> $ git checkout -f -b new-branch origin/master
>
> it should checkout the master branch (at your remote pository) to a
> branch named "new-branch".
>
> Then, merge your changes to this new branch:
>
> $ git merge master
>
> it should merge your changes. if it says, "already up-to-date", that
> means you have not committed anything yet to your master branch.
>
> $ git push
>
> it should push your changes to the remote repository.
>
> Let me know whether it works for you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dongxu Li
>
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > So, I re-created my account and can fork (as before), clone (as
> > before), fetch upstream (new) and commit changes (new).
> >
> > Only, my changes have not shown up anywhere during the last two
> > days, when I access my github-repository either on the web, or by
> > calling git in a terminal. For now, I have decided to concentrate
> > on other duties and do some reading-work on other subjects. I can
> > wait.
> >
> > Cheerio.
> > I think a person's worth is measured by nature, in her own terms,
> > not by joining a clique of mutual praise with no connection to
> > reality. (Paul Lutus <http://www.arachnoid.com>)
> >
> >
> > discussion below:
> >
> > http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4961692.html
> > [hidden email]
> > here<
> >
> >
>
>
> discussion below:
>
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4961866.html
>
>
[hidden email]>

signature.asc (237 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
the git commands I do daily:

git log
git branch -a
git branch -D
git branch
git checkout
git diff
git merge
git pull
git push
git reset

git commands accept '--help'

will you be interested in implementing the following feature request? Rallaz and I discussed a little bit on it. We have the functions available, only need the GUI part, with the exception of polyline and spline.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3432524&group_id=342582&atid=1433847

If you feel it's still too much to start, let me know, and I will implement it. If you want to have an idea how it's implemented, keep an eye on my repository ( github.com/dxli/LibreCAD ). Or we may collaborate by sending pull requests.

Thanks,

Dongxu Li

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 2:37 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Howdy,

here are the results:

------
michael@drusus:~/prog$ cd LibreCAD/
michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD$ git checkout -f -b LibreCAD_branch
origin/master
Branch LibreCAD_branch set up to track remote branch master from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'LibreCAD_branch'
michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD$ git merge master
Updating 8c84efe..6146542
Fast-forward
 src/actions/rs_actiondrawimage.cpp    |    2 ++
 src/lib/engine/rs_entitycontainer.cpp |    6 +++---
 src/lib/engine/rs_graphic.cpp         |    7 +++----
 src/lib/engine/rs_graphic.h           |    1 +
 src/lib/filters/rs_filterjww.cpp      |    4 +++-
 src/lib/gui/rs_grid.cpp               |    9 ++++++---
 src/ui/qg_pentoolbar.cpp              |    9 ++++++---
 7 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)
michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD$ git push
Enter passphrase for key '/home/michael/.ssh/id_rsa':
Counting objects: 48, done.
Delta compression using up to 2 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (33/33), done.
Writing objects: 100% (33/33), 3.00 KiB, done.
Total 33 (delta 27), reused 0 (delta 0)
To [hidden email]:PatGuano/LibreCAD.git
   8c84efe..6146542  master -> master
------

All I need to know now is, where I see my changes and ..., okay, I see
them, when I start creating a pull request. :-/

For exercise, I will just do that, create a pull request and observe
what happens.

Sorry, I am accustomed to Subversion and even CVS and was expecting
more intense feedback from github.

Thank you anyway.

Michael.

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 11:08:23 -0700 (PDT)

>
>
> Hi,
>
> Let's do step by step.
>
> in your repository folder,
>
> $ git branch -a
>
> you should see something like,
>
> remotes/origin/master
>
> if so, checkout it to another branch:
>
> $ git checkout -f -b new-branch origin/master
>
> it should checkout the master branch (at your remote pository) to a
> branch named "new-branch".
>
> Then, merge your changes to this new branch:
>
> $ git merge master
>
> it should merge your changes. if it says, "already up-to-date", that
> means you have not committed anything yet to your master branch.
>
> $ git push
>
> it should push your changes to the remote repository.
>
> Let me know whether it works for you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dongxu Li
>
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <
> [hidden email]> wrote:

>
> > So, I re-created my account and can fork (as before), clone (as
> > before), fetch upstream (new) and commit changes (new).
> >
> > Only, my changes have not shown up anywhere during the last two
> > days, when I access my github-repository either on the web, or by
> > calling git in a terminal. For now, I have decided to concentrate
> > on other duties and do some reading-work on other subjects. I can
> > wait.
> >
> > Cheerio.
> > I think a person's worth is measured by nature, in her own terms,
> > not by joining a clique of mutual praise with no connection to
> > reality. (Paul Lutus <http://www.arachnoid.com>)
> >
> >
> > discussion below:
> >
> > http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4961692.html
> > [hidden email]
> > here<

> >
> >
>
>
> discussion below:
>
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4961866.html
>
>
[hidden email]>

http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4961937.html

Reply | Threaded
|

PatGuano
Hi again,

it's 1:32 am here and this is just to confirm my interest before I go
to bed.

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 11:59:07 -0700 (PDT)

> will you be interested in implementing the following feature request?

If I understand "offset tools" correctly as a means to duplicate or
shift elements of a non-atomar object in the direction of one
coordinate, and even when given a 3D-form, then what would be different
from the "parallel-line" feature, which is already existent?

> If you feel it's still too much to start, let me know, and I will
> implement it. If you want to have an idea how it's implemented, keep
> an eye on my repository ( github.com/dxli/LibreCAD ). Or we may
> collaborate by sending pull requests.

Thank you. Even if I am erring above, the RS_ActionDrawLineParallel and
its context should give me some understanding of what will be needed.

In summary, maybe a collaborative approach would be better than me
trying and find out where I have been wrong afterwards. ;-) On the
other hand, if the feature is not urgent, I might like to
do the research.

Only one provocative question at the end of my day: in the LibreCAD-era,
will the code be commented in plain English ?

Have a good night all,

Michael.

>
> Thanks,
>
> Dongxu Li
>
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 2:37 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Howdy,
> >
> > here are the results:
> >
> > ------
> > michael@drusus:~/prog$ cd LibreCAD/
> > michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD$ git checkout -f -b LibreCAD_branch
> > origin/master
> > Branch LibreCAD_branch set up to track remote branch master from
> > origin. Switched to a new branch 'LibreCAD_branch'
> > michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD$ git merge master
> > Updating 8c84efe..6146542
> > Fast-forward
> >  src/actions/rs_actiondrawimage.cpp    |    2 ++
> >  src/lib/engine/rs_entitycontainer.cpp |    6 +++---
> >  src/lib/engine/rs_graphic.cpp         |    7 +++----
> >  src/lib/engine/rs_graphic.h           |    1 +
> >  src/lib/filters/rs_filterjww.cpp      |    4 +++-
> >  src/lib/gui/rs_grid.cpp               |    9 ++++++---
> >  src/ui/qg_pentoolbar.cpp              |    9 ++++++---
> >  7 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)
> > michael@drusus:~/prog/LibreCAD$ git push
> > Enter passphrase for key '/home/michael/.ssh/id_rsa':
> > Counting objects: 48, done.
> > Delta compression using up to 2 threads.
> > Compressing objects: 100% (33/33), done.
> > Writing objects: 100% (33/33), 3.00 KiB, done.
> > Total 33 (delta 27), reused 0 (delta 0)
> > To [hidden email]
> > <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4961937&i=0>:PatGuano/LibreCAD.git
> >
> >    8c84efe..6146542  master -> master
> > ------
> >
> > All I need to know now is, where I see my changes and ..., okay, I
> > see them, when I start creating a pull request. :-/
> >
> > For exercise, I will just do that, create a pull request and observe
> > what happens.
> >
> > Sorry, I am accustomed to Subversion and even CVS and was expecting
> > more intense feedback from github.
> >
> > Thank you anyway.
> >
> > Michael.
> >
> > On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 11:08:23 -0700 (PDT)
> > "dxli [via LibreCAD]" <[hidden
> > email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4961937&i=1>> wrote:
> >
> > >
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Let's do step by step.
> > >
> > > in your repository folder,
> > >
> > > $ git branch -a
> > >
> > > you should see something like,
> > >
> > > remotes/origin/master
> > >
> > > if so, checkout it to another branch:
> > >
> > > $ git checkout -f -b new-branch origin/master
> > >
> > > it should checkout the master branch (at your remote pository) to
> > > a branch named "new-branch".
> > >
> > > Then, merge your changes to this new branch:
> > >
> > > $ git merge master
> > >
> > > it should merge your changes. if it says, "already up-to-date",
> > > that means you have not committed anything yet to your master
> > > branch.
> > >
> > > $ git push
> > >
> > > it should push your changes to the remote repository.
> > >
> > > Let me know whether it works for you.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Dongxu Li
> > >
> > > On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <
> > > [hidden email]
> > > <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4961937&i=2>>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > > So, I re-created my account and can fork (as before), clone (as
> > > > before), fetch upstream (new) and commit changes (new).
> > > >
> > > > Only, my changes have not shown up anywhere during the last two
> > > > days, when I access my github-repository either on the web, or
> > > > by calling git in a terminal. For now, I have decided to
> > > > concentrate on other duties and do some reading-work on other
> > > > subjects. I can wait.
> > > >
> > > > Cheerio.
> > > > I think a person's worth is measured by nature, in her own
> > > > terms, not by joining a clique of mutual praise with no
> > > > connection to reality. (Paul Lutus <http://www.arachnoid.com>)
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > [hidden email]
> > > > <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4961937&i=3> To
> > > > unsubscribe from LibreCAD-dev, click here<
> >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > discussion below:
> > >
> > http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4961866.html
> > >
> > >
> > User:          Michael Uplawski (privat) <[hidden
> > email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4961937&i=4>>
> >
> > Fingerprint:   1E6E 87CF B2F5 EBBC ACB6  7120 0A44 0972 74A2 27D5
> >
> > *signature.asc* (237 bytes) Download
> > Attachment<http://attachment/4961937/0/signature.asc> I think a
> > person's worth is measured by nature, in her own terms, not by
> > joining a clique of mutual praise with no connection to reality.
> > (Paul Lutus <http://www.arachnoid.com>)
> >
> >
> > discussion below:
> >
> > http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4961937.html
> > [hidden email]
> > here<
> >
> >
>
>
> discussion below:
>
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4962011.html
>
>
[hidden email]>

Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Hi,

I'm setting up the GUI framework. We need a new icon (i'm borrowing res/extui/arcspara.png). I usually draw icons in inkscape, then, export to PNG, but keep .svg icons in

desktop/graphics_program_icons/

Please note this action is empty and doesn't do Offset yet. I will keep updating it.

Thanks,

Dongxu Li

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 7:45 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi again,

to bed.

do the research.

Have a good night all,

Michael.

>
> Thanks,
>
> Dongxu Li
>
> [hidden email]> wrote:

>
> > Howdy,
> >
> >
> > ------
> > origin/master
> > Fast-forward
> > To [hidden email]
> > <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4961937&i=0>:PatGuano/LibreCAD.git
> >

> > ------
> >
> >
> > what happens.
> >
> >
> > Thank you anyway.
> >
> > Michael.
> >

> >
> > >
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > $ git branch -a
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > $ git merge master
> > >
> > > branch.
> > >
> > > $ git push
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Dongxu Li
> > >
> > > [hidden email]
> > wrote:

> > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Cheerio.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > [hidden email]

> >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > discussion below:
> > >
> > http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4961866.html
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > discussion below:
> >
> > http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4961937.html
> > [hidden email]
> > here<

> >
> >
>
>
> discussion below:
>
http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4962011.html

>
>

[hidden email]>

http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4962696.html

Reply | Threaded
|

dxli
Forgot to mention that I sent a pull request to your repository (master branch)

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:43 PM, Dongxu Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm setting up the GUI framework. We need a new icon (i'm borrowing res/extui/arcspara.png). I usually draw icons in inkscape, then, export to PNG, but keep .svg icons in

desktop/graphics_program_icons/

Please note this action is empty and doesn't do Offset yet. I will keep updating it.

Thanks,

Dongxu Li

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 7:45 PM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi again,

to bed.

do the research.

Have a good night all,

Michael.

>
> Thanks,
>
> Dongxu Li
>
> [hidden email]> wrote:

>
> > Howdy,
> >
> >
> > ------
> > origin/master
> > Fast-forward
> > To [hidden email]
> >

> > ------
> >
> >
> > what happens.
> >
> >
> > Thank you anyway.
> >
> > Michael.
> >

> >
> > >
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > $ git branch -a
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > $ git merge master
> > >
> > > branch.
> > >
> > > $ git push
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Dongxu Li
> > >
> > > [hidden email]
> > wrote:

> > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Cheerio.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > [hidden email]

> >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > discussion below:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > discussion below:
> >
> > [hidden email]
> > here<

> >
> >
>
>
> discussion below:
>

>
>

[hidden email]>

http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p4962696.html

Reply | Threaded
|

porting QWorkspace to QMdiArea

dxli
Hi Michael,

First, I didn't realize the offset feature is so complex. With Anders' openvoronoi program, we could implement a fast algorithm to solve offset problem in general, excluding ellipse/spline still. The integrating process will be lengthy. A good thing, LibreCAD will have a new feature of "Voronoi Cells" as by-product of Offset implementation.

If you would like to try something more Qt concentrated, but still a challenging task. There's one badly needed part:

Porting deprecated QWorkspace to QMdiArea in class QC_ApplicationWindow ( src/main/qc_applicationwindow.h / cpp ).

After implementation in QMdiArea, we could finally address bugs in work area sub windows, such as,

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3437183&group_id=342582&atid=1433844

I'm not hinting that you should do it. I just feel like to share something interesting. I'm sure Rallaz can quickly review any QMdiArea work for us.

--
Dongxu Li, Ph.D.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: porting QWorkspace to QMdiArea

PatGuano
Hello Dongxu,

I am quite ashamed to have raised questions and announced activity but
since did not contribute anything worth talking about to LibreCAD.

The belated answer to your mail has the same reasons as my relative
absence from anything "IT" during the recent months. A lot has to change
and will change in my life between today and summer 2012 and I am
without experience in most of the activity involved: Buying real-estate
in France (I am German), moving another few hundred kilometres, plans
for construction and renovation. In my original concept I have omitted
too many details, which now render most of it obsolete, like waste-water
disposal and the fact, that the region where I want to live is lacking
craftsmen, which are qualified in ecological construction.

Apart from the time that I wasted on preparatory work which completely
fails its objective, the paralysing effect of any new day's revelations
is a major obstruction to my programming activities.

On 03.12.2011 08:16, dxli [via LibreCAD] wrote:
> Porting deprecated QWorkspace to QMdiArea in class QC_ApplicationWindow
> ( src/main/qc_applicationwindow.h / cpp ).
(...)

This is something that I would probably be completely apt to do, code-wise.

> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3437183&group_id=342582&atid=1433844
> <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3437183&group_id=342582&atid=1433844>
>
> I'm not hinting that you should do it. I just feel like to share
> something interesting. I'm sure Rallaz can quickly review any QMdiArea
> work for us.

I thank you very much for your proposition, but I am too afraid to find
myself detracted. None of the tasks which I adopt can have a pre-defined
schedule, as I am downright unable to obey it, nor to follow any defined
mode of operation for a considerable time.

I have to decline the offer and prefer to stay a silent attendee of the
project for a while.

Have a good time.

Michael.

--
sub: 2048g/4E580A13 2010-04-09 [verfällt: 2012-04-08]
User: Michael Uplawski (privat) <[hidden email]>
Fingerprint: 1E6E 87CF B2F5 EBBC ACB6 7120 0A44 0972 74A2 27D5

signature.asc (302 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: porting QWorkspace to QMdiArea

dxli
Hi Michael,

Don't worry about it. I have started the porting and it's almost done.

Also, we will release 1.0.0 soon.

Regards,

Dongxu

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:43 AM, PatGuano [via LibreCAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Dongxu,

I am quite ashamed to have raised questions and announced activity but
since did not contribute anything worth talking about to LibreCAD.

The belated answer to your mail has the same reasons as my relative
absence from anything "IT" during the recent months. A lot has to change
and will change in my life between today and summer 2012 and I am
without experience in most of the activity involved: Buying real-estate
in France (I am German), moving another few hundred kilometres, plans
for construction and renovation. In my original concept I have omitted
too many details, which now render most of it obsolete, like waste-water
disposal and the fact, that the region where I want to live is lacking
craftsmen, which are qualified in ecological construction.

Apart from the time that I wasted on preparatory work which completely
fails its objective, the paralysing effect of any new day's revelations
is a major obstruction to my programming activities.

On 03.12.2011 08:16, dxli [via LibreCAD] wrote:
> Porting deprecated QWorkspace to QMdiArea in class QC_ApplicationWindow
> ( src/main/qc_applicationwindow.h / cpp ).
(...)

This is something that I would probably be completely apt to do, code-wise.

> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3437183&group_id=342582&atid=1433844

> <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3437183&group_id=342582&atid=1433844>
>
> I'm not hinting that you should do it. I just feel like to share
> something interesting. I'm sure Rallaz can quickly review any QMdiArea
> work for us.

I thank you very much for your proposition, but I am too afraid to find
myself detracted. None of the tasks which I adopt can have a pre-defined
schedule, as I am downright unable to obey it, nor to follow any defined
mode of operation for a considerable time.

I have to decline the offer and prefer to stay a silent attendee of the
project for a while.

Have a good time.

Michael.

--
sub: 2048g/4E580A13 2010-04-09 [verfällt: 2012-04-08]
User: Michael Uplawski (privat) <[hidden email]>
Fingerprint: 1E6E 87CF B2F5 EBBC ACB6 7120 0A44 0972 74A2 27D5

signature.asc (302 bytes) Download Attachment

http://librecad.1049103.n5.nabble.com/Presentation-and-S-O-S-tp4952926p5055339.html
NAML

--
Dongxu Li, Ph.D.