Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Print Fit to page?

old_toolmaker
I can print and everything looks good on the printed page except for centering. I click fit to page and the view looks fine. When I print the page it reverts back to a non centered page and my printed page is of center in both directions.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Print Fit to page?

dellus
You have to stay in Print Preview mode when printing to ensure it will be printed as shown there.
Not sure if this hits your question.
There is a small bug in the 2.1.3 Windows version: indeed the printout is off about 3 mm to the right and to the bottom. As a workaround I place a dot at that position in the upper right corner of my drawing's frame and use this to manually shift the paper sheet to that position in Print Preview. Alternatively you can export to pdf, it's right then, and print out that.
The issue seems to be fixed in the latest 2.2.0 rc nightly release.
Reply | Threaded
|

old_toolmaker
I exported to PDF and the print is much closer to center and is not perfect but acceptable.
Thank you for your help.

I am now going to try your first suggestion and stay in print preview mode to see if that works.
Reply | Threaded
|

old_toolmaker
I appreciate your help.
I tried to stay in print preview mode and print as suggested, but I could not find a print command button unless I clicked on the print button. To do this I had to leave the print preview mode and use the print button.
Am I missing something?
Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
You don't have to leave Print Preview mode to use the Print button.