classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Print too scale

hans-odnv
Hey,
I have a problem with printing with a certain scale.
When I set up the scale do not come more than 1: 1600 I need 1: 100.
Like a solution to this problem.
Look for the image
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Print too scale

dellus
Can you really not scroll to 1:100 in the menu? You also can type it in manually.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
In reply to this post by hans-odnv
It might also be that the imported siteplan is not in scale. Then you will have to rescale it. Or is it from a pixel file (jpg, png)? Is it metric? More information needed.
Reply | Threaded
|

hans-odnv
In reply to this post by dellus
I can scroll every scale but the view amends not. The maximum is 1:1600.
You see it in the print screen that is the maximum.
Reply | Threaded
|

hans-odnv
It is a topographic DXF file issued by the Dutch government. complemented by me all underground pipes and cables with dimensions divided into 20 layers. Everything works fine except printing. Even on the smartphone. You can spot evoke all possible images
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
If you like you can attach the file in a post or email it to me. Then I will have a look at it this evening, don't have time now.
Reply | Threaded
|

hans-odnv
Ellert_en_Brammert.dxfI send the file to you
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Works!
After opening the file you won't see anything as these surveyor files do have their absolute zero point very far off. It might make things easier if you shift the whole thing from for instance somewhere at the lower left edge of the drawing to the zero position 0,0 ( if you don't have to preserve the absolute position).
Or just do autozoom.
Then go into print preview. Set the scale to 1:100. Then do 'center to page'. The a4 paper preview will fill the screen mostly. So zoom out to be able to see the surrounding. Move the page by the hand symbol to the desired place. Print. At least it worked for me this way. That print set up procedure is a bit erratic.
For the dimensions I have changed the settings in Options - Current drawing preferences - Dimensions
in General scale to 1 and in Length factor also to 1.

This is the resulting print out in A4 and scale 1:100 as pdf:

ellertnbrammert.pdf

Be sure you have set the right paper size in 'Current drawing preferences'.

Good luck.

Reply | Threaded
|

hans-odnv
Thanks for your comment.
Your proposal to change the zero point is possible but that is not correct.
This type of drawings are fixed to a point near Paris. You can see that down the coordinates. The centerpiece of this file is 246733. 541385 This means  246733 meters east and 541385 meters north of Paris. Everything is fixed so you can easily import new files.
It has failed me for a scale of 1: 100 to print out and hope for a new solution to my problem.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Now I have learnt something. Aha, it's a point near Paris. How does this work with the earth's spherical shape at those distances? Besides, I always had the suspicion working with such large values could lead to inaccuracies or other problems for the cad system. Thus my proposal to move the zero point.
Regarding the printing problem I have no more idea what could be the reason.
Reply | Threaded
|

hans-odnv
How do they do exactly that coordinates but I do not know. They do a lot with the GPS. When plotting construction projects tend to go to the exact millimeter. Too bad that I am left with my problem. Fortunately, we can replace the paper printout on location with the smartphone.
Thanks for the attention,
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
Let's try to narrow down the problem. Up to what point of the procedure do things work right? Can you set the scale in the box to 1:100? The screen capture is too small to recognize this. The print preview doesn't follow that setting? If so your system may be screwed up. Try to reset everything in options - applications - Defaults - Clear settings - All, or reinstall Librecad or install the portable version from portableapps.com in parallel (you just can't run them both at the same time).
Or does it seem you can set up everything properly and when you press 'print' nothing happens? It may be that in the printer dialog box 'print to file' is activated.
Reply | Threaded
|

hans-odnv
Hello dellus,
I installed the latest version of librecad and thus all problems are solved.
Thanks for your help.
Reply | Threaded
|

humulus
Just to clarify the dutch RD system: This point near Paris is "virtual".
The real zero point is in the center of the Netherlands (A church in Amersfoort). They gave this point the coordinates  x = 155000, y = 463000.
By using this instead of (0,0):
- every point in the Netherlands has positive values
- you can't get confused over the X or Y (Y is always bigger than X)
Reply | Threaded
|

hans-odnv
The church at Amersfoort is the old center. Today is the real zero at Paris. You can see the coordinates of Amersfoort.
This is 155 000 meters east and 463 000 meters north of Paris.
Reply | Threaded
|

humulus
Hi Hans,

Nope, it's still Amersfoort:
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rijksdriehoekscoördinaten

regards,
Ruud
Reply | Threaded
|

hans-odnv
Hi Ruud,

That point also still exists, but the zero point is in Paris. You can see the coordinates. What would those numbers mean. Amersfoort is past. Nowadays it is also called Dutch grid when using the GPS.

regards,
Hans