Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Printing "Calculate number of pages"

Rahooty
I made a 1:1 scale drawing 1414.84mm wide by 1720.98mm high.
I am trying to print it out "Calculate number of pages to Contain the Drawing" and I get the following error.

"RS_ActionPrintPreview::calcPagesNum(): Limit of pages has been exceeded."

What is the Limit? I thought this was exactly what that feature was for?
I am drawing a backplane of a PLC control cabinet and wanted to print out the life size pages put together on the back of the cabinet for the technicians to follow?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Printing "Calculate number of pages"

LordOfBikes
Administrator
A quick look showed that 99 X or Y is the limit.
Means max. 99 rows or columns.
From your drawing size I suspect that it should be much less assuming A4 or similar paper size.
So I recommend to check the paper size settings. I can also imagine an issue with imperial/decimal units.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Rahooty

I also tried 8.5 x 11 letter size first, then I tried 11x17 after the error, but it didn't like that either...
Reply | Threaded
|

perepujal
You say the drawing is 1414.84mm wide by 1720.98mm, are the units of the drawing in mm. ?
The print preview units looks as inches?
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
That's what I suspected, when paper size is in Inch and drawing in mm, this was probably not considered in the contribution for this feature.
You can test if a metric paper size like A4 works or set a custom paper size where you enter 8.5x11 in mm.
More efforts might be to scale the drawing down to inch, to match the imperial paper size.

Dividing 1414 width by 8.5 paper width results in 167, what is over the limit. This also means, that the unit mismatch will lead to a much too big drawing anyway.

Another idea, I just had writing this, is to change the printing factor.
When the drawing is 1:1 in mm use 25.4:1 factor for printing on imperial paper, this might work without changes in the drawing and print settings. Can't check this right now, but I think it can work.

Armin
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

Rahooty
You guys nailed it,  but something isn't right in the programming.

The drawing was done in millimeters, when I select current drawing settings the units are inches,  when I change the units to mm it works.

Thanks for the help everyone
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Well, then I'd say everything is okay from the sight of programming logic.
Drawing basically happens in drawing units and drawing preferences define the measuring units.
So for LibreCAD the drawing was 1414" width, what explains the issue. And with units set to mm the unit conversion between drawing and paper size worked.

When you generally draw in mm and print on Inch paper size, I recommend to change the empty.dxf default template preferences to fix this permanently.
If the drawing is not yours, you should check this setting generally on drawings from that source.
In case you do regularly drawings in mm and Inch I recommend at least 2 templates, one with mm and one with Inch units set.

For reference see https://docs.librecad.org/en/latest/guides/dwg-setup.html

Armin