Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Printing Manuals

David CM Stiles
I am learning to use LibreCAD and find it useful to have printed manuals to refer to whilst I am working.  The current "User Manual for version 2.2.0" will not print it seems.  I have tried from both Mac and Windows.
What I am I doing wrong, or is this manual unavailable to print?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Printing Manuals

dellus
The manual for 2.2.0 at readthedocs is designed as an online manual. You should be able to print it, though, maybe depending on your browser. It works for me, at least page for page.
Alternatively print out the manual for 2.1.3 as pdf, https://wiki.librecad.org/images/2/20/LibreCAD_Users_Manual_2.1.3.pdf.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary S
In reply to this post by David CM Stiles
RtD does support options for downloading the user manual in three formats: PDF, HTML and Epub.  Go to the User Manual and in the lower left corner there is a white on black bar labelled "Read the Docs".  Click the bar and you will see the three formats that can be downloaded.  

However, as dellus mentioned, the layout has been focused on the online version and the layout for the three download versions don't work well, especially the PDF and Epub.  Those formats are unusable.  For now, downloading and printing the HTML version seems to provide the best option.  It will print as a single document.

Keep in mind as well that this version of tha manual is based on v2.2.0rc1 and it is not complete.  Close, but there are still a few more things that need my attention.  The  first couple of sections and the Appendices are for the most part are done while the User Guides are work in progress...
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
I find it works well on-screen in Win10 by splitting the screen using <Win>+<Cursor key> so you have the manual/tutorial on the right side of the screen and work on the left. You'll have to adjust the manual width manually through until the contents pane disappears.
Reply | Threaded
|

David CM Stiles
A big thank you to dellus, Gary S & flywire for tackling the problem.  I have not had much success as yet, but am working on it.  Thanks guys.
Reply | Threaded
|

dellus
I have printed out the html-version as a pdf. Has some oddities too, at the first half in bold headlines an "n"  comes as a ".".Just in case you don't succeed.
LibreCAD_2.pdf
Reply | Threaded
|

David CM Stiles
Have managed to print out both manuals now.  Never mind the missing letter "n", I have what I need.  Thought you might like to know!