CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with 2.2 version in Linux

LordOfBikes
Administrator
The PPA's are not maintained for a while, you can't get a newer version than 2.1 from there.
The only way to get latest LibreCAD on Linux is to build from source currently.

https://librecad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/appx/build.html
Reply | Threaded
|

VyasG_007
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

fa201
It does not need to be a developer to build the program. I did with limited knowledge following the build instructions.
I suggest you go through the Wiki and manuals to see what is already existing. Then there is room for improvement and additional tutorials. Zulip Chat will also be helpful to connect with active people on the project (code, documentation, etc.)
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

flywire
In reply to this post by VyasG_007
VyasG_007 wrote
I am using lots of Open-Source software ... [but LibreCad] annoys me, every single day comes with new surprises.

I was just thinking that I would contribute a COMPLETE LIBRECAD TUTORIALS series to the community...
I totally agree there is something unexpected about the user interface but I couldn't describe it and after I did the Carport Tutorial most things seemed natural. Given your experience with other graphics applications, documenting your interface expectations as a new user would be useful before referring to the manuals and tutorials.

In my view between the LibreCAD User Manual in preparation and the Dummies Guide I think there are enough manuals but more tutorials would be useful. Contributions are always welcome in whatever format you are happy with but consider contributing to the existing documentation.
Reply | Threaded
|

VyasG_007
CONTENTS DELETED