Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems with the installation

franco1
I have a problem on a PC that has 2 types of profile set: Administrator (who is authorized to install sw) and User (who cannot install but can use sw).

If I install Librecad using the Administrator profile, the User who must use it does not see it: how can I solve it?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problems with the installation

fa201
You log onto user profile and launch installation process who will request for Administrator password.
Fabrice

French hobbyist interested in 2D design.
Reply | Threaded
|

franco1
I have installed the sw from the administrator profile. It is the User who does not see Librecad installed.

Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
Yes, that's why @fa201 advised to use the user account and not the administrator account to run the installer.
The installer will ask for admin permissions. You have to grant them, either by simply accepting, when the user is in the Administrators group or you will be asked for username and password for a valid administrator account.
Then the user should be able to run LibreCAD without admin privileges.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

franco1
ok ... does this mean that if I have 3 user profiles (in addition to the administrator one) I have to repeat the installation 3 times?
Reply | Threaded
|

LordOfBikes
Administrator
No, in this case move the shortcuts from users start menu and/or desktop to the public all user location.
The application can be installed only once and when you want to share it between users you have to use shortcuts in a common place or create individual ones for each user who will use it.
investing less than half an hour into Search function can save hours or days of waiting for a solution
Reply | Threaded
|

franco1
LordOfBikes wrote
in this case move the shortcuts from users start menu and/or desktop to the public all user location.
Could you tell me how it's done?