Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Reference Scale

Brent
I have taken a pdf generated from cad, In Inkscape I converted it to a DXF file.

I opened the dxf file in LibreCAD, however the countertops are 38.xxx" deep and is I use the scale command it already has a scale factor. Of what I don't know.

I need to be able to scale the entire drawing using two points of a line of my countertop and tell it that distance should be 24" and the rest of the drawing scales accordingly.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Reference Scale

perepujal
Assuming your default units already are in inches, otherwise change the drawing to the units you will be using before any measurement.

measure a line with known measures, If I understand correctly, you say countertop should be 24" but it currently measures 38"
select the entire drawing entities, then scale
select a base point anywhere it makes sense, it is not so important as you scale everything.
In the popup dialog set the scale to 24/measured_distance
done

HTH
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Reference Scale

Land Owner
In reply to this post by Brent
A little late to the party.  As a Civil Engineer, I am used to scaling up/down as elements outside of the building envelope may require.  I measure an element in the drawing (say - a line, maybe a property line - or the width of a desk or interior wall if inside the building envelope), one that is long, and one that has a known dimension.  If the element measured is too long (say), I divide the smaller known dimension by the larger measured dimension to establish the percentage of scale reduction required.  Then I command:

SCALE==>(Select to scale)
SELECT ALL [button]==>
right click again in the drawing==>
SCALE==>(Select reference point)
0,0 [or other appropriate reference point]==>
[load the calculated percentage into the ISOTROPIC SCALE menu]==>
<ENTER>

Save Early - Save Often, in particular immediately prior to SCALE.  

Warning:  Some blocks do not react well to scaling; dimension arrowhead blocks from AutoCAD in particular.  

UNDO (after SCALE) doesn't get it done for me.  Is there a presetting for the amount of allowable buffer?

When a commands "blow up" unexpectedly (I am new to LibreCAD), I close and reload the drawing, then try something else.