Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Reminds Me of Generic CAD

randyc
Dunno if anyone remembers "Generic Cad" - it was the CAD application that I first learned (and loved).  Autodesk bought the company a few years after Generic CAD was introduced and discontinued the product.

Although this is only my second day (and fourth hour) of using LibreCAD, I am SO IMPRESSED !  The simplicity and intuitive ease of use reminds me of Generic CAD (in many ways way BETTER).  I can't even imagine how cool LibreCAD will be in future revisions :)

Thanks to the developers for making this fine program available to us !

RandyC
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Reminds Me of Generic CAD

randyc
BUT ...

I'm lost as to how to set the grid spacing ???  "drawing preferences" and "application preferences" sometimes affect the grid "dot" spacing and at other times seem to do nothing ???  The problem seems mostly to occur when importing files from another application - is this typical ?  Is there a simple way to set the grid spacing to a specified spacing ?

Thanks,
RandyC
Reply | Threaded
|

randyc
I'm still confused about grid spacing but have side-stepped the issue by scaling the imported drawing to whatever grid spacing is displayed :(  I would like to understand the process of establishing the grid, however.

Cheers,
RandyC
Reply | Threaded
|

sp1der
In reply to this post by randyc
You can set the grid spacing in the ' Current' drawing by:

Edit > Drawing preferences, in this example I have set the Unit size to Inch and the X and Y grid  spacing to 4 inches and if needed you can save this drawing set-up as a template!